Live EPIC Mediterannean 11-Day Cruise from Marseille, France October 2, 2023-with pics!

graphicguy

8 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Starlink speeds….not bad

Agreed, they must be throttling the speed onboard for pax access ... most definitely vastly better in ping time & latency compared to my results several months ago under EMC.  NCL managed to quietly roll this out & activated the new gears in Europe, it's a win-win especially if prices ...  iCafe manager onboard then was a young Asian and he apparently was on the Joy, if he isn't on vacation.  

Love those beautiful photos, keep them coming ... we like the atrium and "lobby" area when it isn't overcrowded.  LeBistro being in a different area of the ship, sort of like the Gem/Jewel/Dawn class in the mid/forward section, but on the same deck.  That vast area dedicated to photos, IMHO, is a waste of prime real estate.  NCL could and should turn that into something else - maybe another lounge or dining option, food court since the newer ships are taking up minimal footprints ... strictly from a revenue standpoint.  

Have a wonderful time in Barcelona - the ship doesn't look full, at least not in Haven as photographed, where is everyone, loungers are empty - signs of chair hogs unseen ... shocked 😎 

Get some group photos for your M&G and upload them here to the CC section for all to see 👍 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Agreed, they must be throttling the speed onboard for pax access ... most definitely vastly better in ping time & latency compared to my results several months ago under EMC.  NCL managed to quietly roll this out & activated the new gears in Europe, it's a win-win especially if prices ...  iCafe manager onboard then was a young Asian and he apparently was on the Joy, if he isn't on vacation.  

Love those beautiful photos, keep them coming ... we like the atrium and "lobby" area when it isn't overcrowded.  LeBistro being in a different area of the ship, sort of like the Gem/Jewel/Dawn class in the mid/forward section, but on the same deck.  That vast area dedicated to photos, IMHO, is a waste of prime real estate.  NCL could and should turn that into something else - maybe another lounge or dining option, food court since the newer ships are taking up minimal footprints ... strictly from a revenue standpoint.  

Have a wonderful time in Barcelona - the ship doesn't look full, at least not in Haven as photographed, where is everyone, loungers are empty - signs of chair hogs unseen ... shocked 😎 

Get some group photos for your M&G and upload them here to the CC section for all to see 👍 

Internet is probably the best I’ve had on any ship.  Was surprised to see Starlink implemented!

Doesn’t feel crowded.  Those pool pics were taken today, a port day!   But even yesterday didn’t feel crowded.  Atrium bar had a line aT dinner last night.  But, even that wasn’t bad!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

It was convenient to have the workout area within Haven, but I preferred the water view at the main fitness center while I work off that  Delmonico steak and OMG cheesecake from the previous night. 

It didn’t have all the machines the main gym has, nor any free weights.  But, if all you wanted was a cardio workout and a “lite” workout with nautilus, without being with others, I suppose it works.

I’m with you.  The views alone makes me prefer the main gym!

• Like 1

Oh boy, another reason to get up in the morning!  GraphicGuy at your service for early-morning news ... it's absolutely a royal treat to see these photos and imagine life on the Epic.  But you took them all at 3am, right?  I don't even wanna think about the lines and crowds ... so I don't.  Thanks for keeping us all entertained and positive.  No doubt in my mind you'll have a terrific cruise, no matter what.  As for the current screaming about VAT ... I so agree with you.  Never more true:  "It is what it is".  Our choice to complain or take it in stride.  THANK YOU!!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

Oh boy, another reason to get up in the morning!  GraphicGuy at your service for early-morning news ... it's absolutely a royal treat to see these photos and imagine life on the Epic.  But you took them all at 3am, right?  I don't even wanna think about the lines and crowds ... so I don't.  Thanks for keeping us all entertained and positive.  No doubt in my mind you'll have a terrific cruise, no matter what.  As for the current screaming about VAT ... I so agree with you.  Never more true:  "It is what it is".  Our choice to complain or take it in stride.  THANK YOU!!

Aww…how nice!  Thanks!

Funny…all I know is if it’s dark or light outside!  Time?  No clue!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, scottie920 said:

Looks great. Have you checked your on board account yet? Has 10% VAT and 20% Gratuity been added to your Free at Sea Package drinks and purchases or Plus Upgrade?

No clue.  Having Free at Sea, I have yet to receive a receipt for anything.

I won’t look until I think of it!  I can’t skirt any taxes, so there‘s nothing I can do about it, anyway!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Will you slide down the toilet bowl?

I did the “hop on/hop off bus today.  Just checked out the slides.  Was thinking of it, but have Cagney’s in 45 mins.  Tight to “flush”, dry, change and get to dinner!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4