Koningsdam still in Port of Vancouver?

sp2

3 hours ago, sp2 said:

I see. Wonder what the delay was.

Perhaps a return to slow boarding similar to the beginning of the Alaska season this year. Two other ships in port with her today; Majestic Princess with a capacity of 3,560 and exhibition ship Ocean Victory. Should not present any issues but you never know!

5 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Perhaps a return to slow boarding similar to the beginning of the Alaska season this year. Two other ships in port with her today; Majestic Princess with a capacity of 3,560 and exhibition ship Ocean Victory. Should not present any issues but you never know!

I think the Princess ship left on time. I thought the check-in security and Customs clearance was combined for all cruisers from both ships in Vancouver? So it must have been something specific to Koningsdam. Hopefully all is well and someone will report back. We leave on her in 4 weeks!

7 hours ago, QuattroRomeo said:

Maybe the port workers strike?

Maybe, although you’d think that would hold up both ships. At least they are on their way! Can’t wait for our turn in 4 weeks!

In 2017, I good friend of ours was leaving Vancouver on the Zaandam.  We decided to get on to the Lion's Gate Bridge and wave at the ship passing underneath.  It was very late, we waited and waited, our paid parking expired and we had to top it up.  Finally, we saw the ship move.  He told us later that they had a medical emergency before they even left so that involved an offloaded passenger, doctors, ambulances and probably a lot of paperwork. 

891B86E6-1D20-4EFF-AAB3-0EBE47EFA1CA.jpeg

B5270488-EDFB-4932-909C-BF248440F504_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 1

Over on the Holland America FB group there is a photo of a letter from the Master relating that the ship's late departure was due to the strike.
Due to the late departure they missed slack tide in the narrows and would be skipping Tracy Arm and arriving late in Juneau

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2