Dining for 2 on Caribbean Princess

socmft

Making reservations for dining on upcoming cruise on CB and I can only reserve a table for 2 in the Palm Dining Room.  Never had a problem on previous ships to reserve a table for 2 in any dining room.  Has anyone reserved table for 2 on CB in Coral and/or Island Dining Rooms?  Would like a variety if possible.

After almost 250 days at sea, I finally got it through my head, if you want the best dining experience, choose the rear dining room.  The most experienced waiters are in that dining room and you will get the best service.  

We were on the Caribbean in April and had Agustin and he was terrific, as was the assistant waiter Greggy.  

50 minutes ago, socmft said:

Making reservations for dining on upcoming cruise on CB and I can only reserve a table for 2 in the Palm Dining Room.  Never had a problem on previous ships to reserve a table for 2 in any dining room.  Has anyone reserved table for 2 on CB in Coral and/or Island Dining Rooms?  Would like a variety if possible.

Yes, currently have a table for 2 in Island for later this month

Most likely they are full.

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, socmft said:

It is likely that one of the mid-ship DR's is not loaded into DMW for guests to select ahead of time and will be used for walk-ups.  The other one could be full at the time you are looking for.  You may have better luck on board.  Inquire with DR Mgmt.  Or try the other one as walk-up if it doesn't appear in DMW on board.

50 minutes ago, socmft said:

we've got 3 nights booked in Island around Halloween short cruise - nothing a couple of other nights so far - hoping we can book some specialty dining on board with OBC

14 minutes ago, voljeep said:

we've got 3 nights booked in Island around Halloween short cruise - nothing a couple of other nights so far - hoping we can book some specialty dining on board with OBC

This, and the following (11/5), are the cruises I am working on. Only able to reserve Palm for a reservation for 2. No problem booking specialty dining on either segment. 

5 minutes ago, socmft said:

This, and the following (11/5), are the cruises I am working on. Only able to reserve Palm for a reservation for 2. No problem booking specialty dining on either segment. 

did you have any specialty dining credit(s) or just went ahead and put it on a credit card? We're hoping to use OBC, but also hoping we don't get shut out like we did on the CB over Thanksgiving, except for Sabatini's the first night..

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

did you have any specialty dining credit(s) or just went ahead and put it on a credit card? We're hoping to use OBC, but also hoping we don't get shut out like we did on the CB over Thanksgiving, except for Sabatini's the first night..

Unfortunately, no credits this time. Used CC.  They do fill up - good luck to you.  Get onboard and get your reservation ASAP!

Our Caribbean Princess cruise isn't until JUNE 2024 and the only options given was Palm.  I'll check periodically and make a change if possible.  Since our cruise is in the North Atlantic I'd prefer a mid-ship dining experience.

12 hours ago, voljeep said:

I had the same hope (to use OBC when making a reservation 3 months in advance) on our recently completed Caribbean Princess cruise and asked on Chat if that was possible.  The answer was a quick "no" immediately followed by "when you board go to guest services and ask them to refund (via refundable OBC) your credit card charge while keeping the reservation."  It took less than 3 minutes.  I was warned that the the refundable OBC might take a day or two to show up on my folio.  The change was made on Saturday evening and appeared on my folio by Monday morning.  The dinner charge appeared on my folio the morning after we dined at the Crown Grill.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2023 at 9:21 AM, pppatpc2 said:

After almost 250 days at sea, I finally got it through my head, if you want the best dining experience, choose the rear dining room.  The most experienced waiters are in that dining room and you will get the best service.  

We were on the Caribbean in April and had Agustin and he was terrific, as was the assistant waiter Greggy.  

So the Palm is at the back of the ship, so that is the best??  

I don't seem to be able to book a shared table on the app.  Is this added later?  There are two of us and we like to meet new people.  The Palm has the majority of open reservations for a Sep cruise.  Funny that there are not availabilites in the other two dining rooms??  Anyone have and insights? Thanks

17 hours ago, susanb0424 said:

So the Palm is at the back of the ship, so that is the best??  

The Palm is at the back.  I believe in the app you choose a time and you can pick from private or shared table, if not, you can just request on the first night and they will accomodate you.

17 hours ago, susanb0424 said:

I don't seem to be able to book a shared table on the app.  Is this added later?  There are two of us and we like to meet new people.  The Palm has the majority of open reservations for a Sep cruise.  Funny that there are not availabilites in the other two dining rooms??  Anyone have and insights? Thanks

The midship restaurants fill up quickly because of location. 
There is a non reservation line you can usually join, I’m sure they can easily add you to a shared table.