Paid upgrade after final payment?

killarneylady

I’ve asked this question in a thread here but just wonder if anyone had experience they could share. If you book with TA is it ‘allowed’ to pay to upgrade to another category cabin after final payment?  I’ve asked my TA to contact C about this but she was told that it wasn’t possible after final payment. Only way to do this is through ‘move up’, she was told. Another person said that it was, in fact, possible. Can I phone C to try again or will they only talk to TA at any stage? 

1 minute ago, killarneylady said:

I’ve asked this question in a thread here but just wonder if anyone had experience they could share. If you book with TA is it ‘allowed’ to pay to upgrade to another category cabin after final payment?  I’ve asked my TA to contact C about this but she was told that it wasn’t possible after final payment. Only way to do this is through ‘move up’, she was told. Another person said that it was, in fact, possible. Can I phone C to try again or will they only talk to TA at any stage? 

I've always been able to do it after final payment without using move up offer.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

Can you do it without going through your travel agent after final payment?  Would there be advantages to do it either way or the same?

I always book directly through the cruiseline. If I see an upgrade I call directly and they make the changes. For example I switched from an obstructed verandah on deck 6 to an SV on deck 10. If booked through TA it has to be done by them but you could lose out if not quick enough. 

2 hours ago, killarneylady said:

I am having my TA call to inquire about this possibility tomorrow. I wonder if they’ll just say no. I’ve done it in the past, but can’t remember how I went about it. We downgraded from Aqua Class to a corner FV on the Infinity once (at an additional cost, but we had an overnight in San Francisco and decided to go for it). And once we were able to just call and ask to switch from our corner aft Sky Suite to something more mid-ship for mobility reasons and we were moved to a Celebrity Suite because a price drop had brought the CS to the same price we’d paid for our S1.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2023 at 5:42 PM, killarneylady said:

Your TA needs to call back and speak to a different rep

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JaneStarr said:

Your TA needs to call back and speak to a different rep

A lot of the reps are new and not very knowledgeable. Keep calling until you find a good one. There must be a few out there.

• Thanks 1