Did the cost of the dining package go up?

dbrown84

sorry if this has already been talked about, but did the cost of the dining package go up recently?  When I do mock bookings now, the gratuities for the dining package is now $11.80, instead of $10.  This is for a 7 day inside, so just one meal.   I just booked a cruise two weeks ago, and the charge was still $10.  So given the $1.80 increase, I'm guessing the cost of the package has gone up by $9 over the last two weeks. 

• Thanks 1

Looks like it changed with the new (not new) promo.  We booked on July 4 and it was $10.  Considering a new cruise snd it is $11.80. 10.8% is an odd amount, but a significant %. I would love for my income to rise by 10.8%.

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

sorry if this has already been talked about, but did the cost of the dining package go up recently?  When I do mock bookings now, the gratuities for the dining package is now $11.80, instead of $10.  This is for a 7 day inside, so just one meal.   I just booked a cruise two weeks ago, and the charge was still $10.  So given the $1.80 increase, I'm guessing the cost of the package has gone up by $9 over the last two weeks. 

New Prices Effective on Bookings on or after July 7, 2023

Sail Length # Of Dining Package Meals Retail Value 20% Gratuities
3-6 Nights 1 Meal / Any Stateroom $59.00 per person $11.80 per package
7-11 Nights 1 Meal / Studio, Inside, Oceanview $59.00 per person $11.80 per package
7-11 Nights 2 Meals / Balcony & Above $99.00 per person $19.80 per package
12+ Nights 2 Meals / Studio, Inside, Oceanview $99.00 per person $19.80 per package
12+ Nights 3 Meals / Balcony & Above $139.00 per person $27.80 per package

Prices on Bookings Before July 7, 2023

Sail Length # Of Dining Package Meals Retail Value 20% Gratuities
3-6 Nights 1 Meal / Any Stateroom $50.00 per person $10.00 per package
7-11 Nights 1 Meal / Studio, Inside, Oceanview $50.00 per person $10.00 per package
7-11 Nights 2 Meals / Balcony & Above $89.00 per person $17.80 per package
12+ Nights 2 Meals / Studio, Inside, Oceanview $89.00 per person $17.80 per package
12+ Nights 3 Meals / Balcony & Above $119.00 per person $23.80 per package

• Thanks 1

The new price will be for new bookings. If you are already booked the price it was then still applies.

However, if the price of the cruise itself goes down and you wish to take advantage of the new lower price, you will pay the difference for the other new fees also, dining, any port fees/tax increases etc.

Per phone call to NCL

2 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Looks like it changed with the new (not new) promo.  We booked on July 4 and it was $10.  Considering a new cruise snd it is $11.80. 10.8% is an odd amount, but a significant %. I would love for my income to rise by 10.8%.

Bad math…oops.  It is actually a 18% increase.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

well, with the increase in price hopefully now I'll get more than two pieces of zucchini at Cagney's. For $5.90 per meal, I demand satisfaction 🤣🤣🤣

Take that two pieces of zucchini and multiply it by 18%. That's the new amount of zucchini you'll receive! And you'll be grateful! 👨‍🍳

8 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Bad math…oops.  It is actually a 18% increase.  

I would have been too scared to publish my math skills! 

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hmmm, an extra onion rings (4 instead of 3) at Cagney's on one of my side, and a fuller scoop of garlic mashed potatoes.  That means, most probably, a la carte menu prices are going to be elevated.   Noticed that "token" increase 😟 this steamy morning but with all the "hot" discussion going around ... was just going to not stir up the Shabu Shabu (hot pot).  

Not going to adjust the DSC as some hinted or suggested, but ... shall we ourselves reconsider reallocating the onboard cash provisioning budget slightly.  Let NCL redistribute these extras collected forthwith to the hard work crew ??    

• Haha 1