If You Could Have JUST One, What Would It Be For Favorite Port, Favorite Ship and Favorite Room?

amygutman

3 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Port:   St.Georges, Bermuda. But don't think any but the smallest ships can get in there any longer.

Ship:   The Dawn. Just the right sized ship. Always enjoyed entertainment in the Atrium, especially

when Patti and Jose were playing!

Room:   Forward Club Balcony ( or mini-suite). It was the best we could afford!

St Georges is lovely...and yes...the smaller ships do go there but usually it's the ferry taking them. The unfinished church...amazing!

3 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Port:  Olympia (Katakolon), Greece  A must do:  the excursion to Olympia

Ship:  Prima (really)… but they are all special in their own way

Cabin:  Club Balcony 2-3 decks under Pool Deck & Garden Cafe

The statue of Nike was a votive offering to Zeus from the Messenians and the Naupactians for their victory against the Spartans in the Archidameian war (most probably in

421 BC.).

67324EC4-28E2-467C-8D7D-5F31F3A5834A.jpeg

Gorgeous! 

That's why we travel!

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

What a refreshing thread?  I was expecting a brag-fest about the fanciest and most expensive cabins that folks have spent their kids' inheritances on.  Instead, the "who cares?" vote is prevailing two to one!! (I didn't really run the numbers and it's early on election night - we all know how that can work out🤣)

"Give me a ship and a star to steer her by" ~ John Masefield. 🥰

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Hey, this is NCL boards … so your fave ship doesn’t qualify 😆🙃

ANY ship...there hasn't been a ship or line we haven't loved in some way. Come on...spill...what ship do YOU love! 😉

• Like 1

Just now, amygutman said:

Cannot wait to see Skagway in 77 days (not that I'm counting or anything....)😄

I concur Skagway is awesome! Don't miss the food at the Skagway Brewing company near 4th and Broadway, fantastic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, amygutman said:

Cannot wait to see Skagway in 77 days (not that I'm counting or anything....)😄

Not sure if it survived or not, but on a side street was a wonerful quilt fabric store---all kinds of Alaskan print fabric.  On the main street there was a wonderful fudge store.

• Thanks 1

Port: Seward

Ship: Spirit

Room: I initially thought you meant room/venue on the ship. Lol. 
Doesn't matter. Whatever you can afford. 

Room/venue on ship:  We hung out in Spinnaker lounge (a beautiful observation lounge) when it was cold but scenic and in Spice H2O when the weather was nice.  

IMG_4884.jpeg

IMG_4883.jpeg

IMG_4894.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seas2mountains said:

Oh…we’ll that’s a whole new thread…right.?!?

For the room/venue…Observation Lounge on the Bliss in Alaska.  Amazing, amazing…more amazing.  That being said, I would not recommend Bliss for the Alaska cruise out/back to Seattle. It’s ok…but the itinerary liimits time in Ketchikan and Victoria, BC.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Oh…we’ll that’s a whole new thread…right.?!?

For the room/venue…Observation Lounge on the Bliss in Alaska.  Amazing, amazing…more amazing.  That being said, I would not recommend Bliss for the Alaska cruise out/back to Seattle. It’s ok…but the itinerary liimits time in Ketchikan and Victoria, BC.  

When considering the big NCL ships, Bliss is my favorite over Encore, Getaway, and Breakaway but we have not tried Joy or Epic. 

I agree with you about Bliss in Alaska. It’s also one choppy sea day to get there and another on the way back. It’s best to consider Jewel or a longer Sun cruise or my new favorite, the Spirit for the short time left in Alaska this season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, www3traveler said:

Bliss sails from round trip from Seattle, Washington.  If you can extend your trip a few days to see the beautiful city of Seattle.

Ok...have to know the "must eat at" restaurant in Seattle? We are there the day before our Alaska adventure in Sept and staying at the Pier 66 Marriot. Recommendations?

1 hour ago, justhappy said:

Port- Skagway

Ship - Encore

Stateroom - aft Haven suite preferably deck 9

JustHappy!!!! I am "SoHappy" myself that you had a great time. Hoping your lovely husband enjoied himself as well. It sounds like the ship exceeded your expectations!

Warmest, Amy

51 minutes ago, chillyw said:

I concur Skagway is awesome! Don't miss the food at the Skagway Brewing company near 4th and Broadway, fantastic.

Just Googled it - looks like a wonderful recommendation. Thank you!

47 minutes ago, Seas2mountains said:

Port: Seward

Ship: Spirit

Room/venue on ship:  We hung out in Spinnaker lounge (a beautiful observation lounge) when it was cold but scenic and in Spice H2O when the weather was nice.  

IMG_4884.jpeg

IMG_4883.jpeg

IMG_4894.jpeg

Spinnaker lounge spaces are just the most beautiful spots ...thank you for the photos!

1 hour ago, ChiCruzr said:

Wait, what?

Are you new here?

Oh wait, it looks like you are. 🤣 You'll learn grasshopper.  The Encore chandelier is an abomination that is not to be endured.  It has absolutely ruined many a cruise for the fragile among us.

BTW: welcome to Cruise Critic!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, haynesra said:

Port - Amsterdam - absolutely best port for me.

Ship - Getaway

Room - Balcony mid-ship 8th or 9th floor

Hitting Amsterdam in February on MSC (please no hissing from the NCL crowds). Anne Frank house on the must-see list as I cannot think of a better way to show my child how beauty can survive tragedy. Any other recs in this port?

3 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Are you new here?

Oh wait, it looks like you are. 🤣 You'll learn grasshopper.  The Encore chandelier is an abomination that is not to be endured.  It has absolutely ruined many a cruise for the fragile among us.

BTW: welcome to Cruise Critic!

Oh. Dear. Lord....Cannot wait to see this amazing abomination in person 🤣

Atrium chandelier Nowegian Encore Photo Heatheronhertravels.com | Heather  on her travels

• Haha 2

Ship:  Bliss

Port:  St. Petersburg was a fabulous experience (did an overnight there and had a private tour in the evening to a Russian pub...best vodka ever!)

Cabin:  not picky but as a solo cruiser I do like the forward facing Oceanview cabins.

• Like 2