Surcharge on Hibachi with Dining Plan

5 hours ago, colesc15 said:

Gratuity gets added to the $15

No it doesn’t. I have bought the UDP on Freedom and Harmony in the last month. On both cruises we were only charged $15 per person at Izumi with no additional gratuity, although the receipt you sign does have a line where you can add an additional gratuity. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

No it doesn’t. I have bought the UDP on Freedom and Harmony in the last month. On both cruises we were only charged $15 per person at Izumi with no additional gratuity, although the receipt you sign does have a line where you can add an additional gratuity. 

Same 

We got charged the extra $2.70 on Independence, weekend of June 23. We were a party of three. 

I don't think it's so much the amount, just the fact that they charged it. We already bought the Ultimate dining package.  We knew and accepted the upcharge, but yet they had to charge another $2.70. I'm a Royal fan and don't cruise any other lines, but I do get tired of the nickel and dime routine.

• Like 1

I just happened to have our final guest statement out (cleaning desk) from Harmony on April 29th so I looked.  I didn't pay attention when we ate there.  As said above, I didn't really care about the $2.70.

For 3 people, we were charged $53.10 in addition to the UDP, so that would be the $17.70. We added a tip on top of that since the staff was outstanding.

1 hour ago, cruise_co said:

I just happened to have our final guest statement out (cleaning desk) from Harmony on April 29th so I looked.  I didn't pay attention when we ate there.  As said above, I didn't really care about the $2.70.

For 3 people, we were charged $53.10 in addition to the UDP, so that would be the $17.70. We added a tip on top of that since the staff was outstanding.

That’s interesting. I just looked at my statements from cruises I did this year with UDP (Freedom twice, Harmony twice, Wonder, Mariner and Independence). I was only charged $15 at Izumi on all 7 cruises