Carnival email re Insurance

I just got an email about my upcoming cruise on Carnival. I have yearly insurance. The PDF states Covid is covered but it doesn't specify it on my printout. Nor does it specify cruises. It's just The World. 

Are they really going to be that picky?  I need to get Insurance for my hubby still.

It states 

NOTE: Guests traveling on a South Pacific cruise that calls on New Caledonia (Noumea or Lifou) must present printed proof of travel insurance at time of check-in. The selected international travel insurance must have both cruise and COVID coverage. Guests may also be requested to present it during the cruise. Any guest who is unable to provide proof of holding suitable travel insurance will be denied boarding. 

Can you ask your yearly insurance provider to furnish a letter stating you are covered for both cruise and COVID? I've read other threads where people have been supplied with such a letter.

• Like 1

Ring your insurer and request a cover letter stating that you are covered for Covid & the South Pacific ports you are going to.  It’s what I did because my cover didn’t specify Covid cover.  Short phone call & it was emailed through immediately 

When boarding Splendor the other week we had to show our insurance certificates along with COVID vax and passports - they only asked about a neg RAT but didn't ask to see it. As others have said, I would contact your insurer to request a cover letter/email.

My yearly insurance policy states covid cover but doesn’t specify cruise cover.  I rang them and they emailed back a statement that it was covered.  I was asked when checking if if I had insurance cover but did not have to produce paperwork.  This was in May out of Brisbane.  As stated it is not a cruise line issue but a New Caledonian requirement.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gwendy said:

My yearly insurance policy states covid cover but doesn’t specify cruise cover.  I rang them and they emailed back a statement that it was covered.  I was asked when checking if if I had insurance cover but did not have to produce paperwork.  This was in May out of Brisbane.  As stated it is not a cruise line issue but a New Caledonian requirement.

I guess it might depend on who is doing the actual check in whether they decide they want to sight your insurance cover. 

Has full vaccination been extended to require boosters yet or is it just the first 2 shots? Does vaccination from 2020 still count as fully vax?

I don't have travel insurance so I'm thinking I might have to cancel this cruise. I found very cheap insurance online for $15 USD. Would something like that work? I have never purchased travel insurance and usually am content with the protections/insurance my credit card provides.

36 minutes ago, Zekee said:

Has full vaccination been extended to require boosters yet or is it just the first 2 shots? Does vaccination from 2020 still count as fully vax?

I don't have travel insurance so I'm thinking I might have to cancel this cruise. I found very cheap insurance online for $15 USD. Would something like that work? I have never purchased travel insurance and usually am content with the protections/insurance my credit card provides.

If you do a cruise to the South Pacific you need mandatory travel insurance 

And frankly I wouldn't travel without comprehensive international insurance. Have never had to make a claim, but it's just not worth the risk. Doesn't matter how healthy you are, accidents do happen. I do think $800 is a bit excessive, but I'd rather pay that then be in the position to have to pay for expensive medical care and/or repatriation back home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zekee said:

As long as you have had 2 jabs, you meet the vaxx requirements to cruise. Yes, even back from 2020/21.

Credit card travel insurance should be fine, but you need to check that you are covered for both cruising and covid, and need to be able to provide proof of coverage if you are going to a New Caledonian port.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, arxcards said:

As long as you have had 2 jabs, you meet the vaxx requirements to cruise. Yes, even back from 2020/21.

Credit card travel insurance should be fine, but you need to check that you are covered for both cruising and covid, and need to be able to provide proof of coverage if you are going to a New Caledonian port.

Thank you. Ill check with the credit card. If that doesn't work, I might just buy the cheapest insurance I can just to show proof. I never get travel insurance and don't intend to so this is all new to me. 

• 3 weeks later...

My purchased insurance cover letter doesn’t specifically state cruise coverage. It does have New Caledonia and Covid stated. I asked for another letter with cruise coverage listed but they replied they are not able to change the letter. She assured me cruises are covered and I have the emails with her stating that. Will this be ok?

18 hours ago, icat2000 said:

Not very environmentally friendly. I guess I have to find somewhere to print or buy a printer. 

I only have shown screen shots of insurance , I don't have "paper work " B2b , this morning .will do the same at check in . 

2 hours ago, Hogbay said:

I only have shown screen shots of insurance , I don't have "paper work " B2b , this morning .will do the same at check in . 

When people show up for boarding and don't have required insurance, they are sent to the 'naughty corner' of the terminal to arrange it by phone before they can board. These people don't have access to printer so they must accept screenshots if unable to print. 

But always best to print if you can.

32 minutes ago, Tripmode33 said:

When people show up for boarding and don't have required insurance, they are sent to the 'naughty corner' of the terminal to arrange it by phone before they can board. These people don't have access to printer so they must accept screenshots if unable to print. 

I have the required paper work. Just not a printer at home to print docs out. I load all the attachments in one email and then open it when required too. It have my insurance, our immunisation certificates, boarding passes, etc. 

I don't recall when I travelled on Luminosa there being an issue showing on the phone. We are on the Splendor this time around. 

Edited by icat2000

A printed copy would be a suitable request if a New Caledonian official wants some random proof of policies from a handful of passengers. Beats standing in a line on the ship to prove it with your phone instead of just handing in your printed copy to passenger services if/when they request it.

Edited by arxcards

12 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

Like I said only show screen shot . They again today had no problem with that.

12 hours ago, icat2000 said:

I have the required paper work. Just not a printer at home to print docs out. I load all the attachments in one email and then open it when required too. It have my insurance, our immunisation certificates, boarding passes, etc. 

I don't recall when I travelled on Luminosa there being an issue showing on the phone. We are on the Splendor this time around. 

No problem using phone today for Splendor . Never had paper insurance , ticket or vax cert. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1