Will we make the flight?

cabinluvn

On 7/13/2023 at 11:38 PM, Blackduck59 said:

Why do people spend so much money to get somewhere, go on a nice relaxing (we hope) cruise and then build in loads of stress at the end scheduling impossible flight connections? You have a connection in Amsterdam? Make it a layover, enjoy Amsterdam then take the flight out the next day.

It's like flying into the embarkation port on the day of sail away hoping that they can make the ship on time. An overnight stay while it could be expensive is worth ever cent for the stress relief it provides.

At the end of a long cruise, I am tired and have no desire to do anymore sightseeing. I just want to get home. Cruising in Europe is rarely relaxing. I have a 10 day cruise booked for 2024 and 8 of the 10 days are port days. I will have tours booked in each one of them. When the cruise ends in Amsterdam, I will have no desire to do any additional touring. 

1 hour ago, ChinaShrek said:

At the end of a long cruise, I am tired and have no desire to do anymore sightseeing. I just want to get home. Cruising in Europe is rarely relaxing. I have a 10 day cruise booked for 2024 and 8 of the 10 days are port days. I will have tours booked in each one of them. When the cruise ends in Amsterdam, I will have no desire to do any additional touring. 

I am right there with you. When we do the HAL transfer tour that is all day and then dropped off at the airport for an overnight flight, I am more than exhausted and ready to be home

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChinaShrek said:

It's not about "touring" It's about not making iffy flight connections.  Make flight arrangements that give you time to make the flight. I  understand one of your flights was changed unexpectedly and this is causing stress. You don't have to explain yourself to me or anyone for that matter. I'm just saying tight schedules make for unnecessary stress when things don't fall into place perfectly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

It's not about "touring" It's about not making iffy flight connections.  Make flight arrangements that give you time to make the flight. I  understand one of your flights was changed unexpectedly and this is causing stress. You don't have to explain yourself to me or anyone for that matter. I'm just saying tight schedules make for unnecessary stress when things don't fall into place perfectly. 

Thank you for understanding

• Like 1

@cabinluvnWe also have had a flight change time so I have used Booking.com to book transport for our arrival in Copenhagen on 23 August. It is a very easy process and is refundable up to 2 days before the booking.

6 minutes ago, colbe said:

@cabinluvnWe also have had a flight change time so I have used Booking.com to book transport for our arrival in Copenhagen on 23 August. It is a very easy process and is refundable up to 2 days before the booking.

We are on the same cruise, apparently!  What time did you tell them to pick you up?  Might be on the same flight,even!

1 minute ago, cabinluvn said:

We are on the same cruise, apparently!  What time did you tell them to pick you up?  Might be on the same flight,even!

8am. We are on Singapore Air heading down under to AotearoaNZ .I almost booked a bigger vehicle with a view to finding someone to share with us.

2 minutes ago, colbe said:

8am. We are on Singapore Air heading down under to AotearoaNZ .I almost booked a bigger vehicle with a view to finding someone to share with us.

We probably would have ridden with you if the price was right for 4 people and a bag each=4 suitcases plus carry ons

3 minutes ago, cabinluvn said:

We probably would have ridden with you if the price was right for 4 people and a bag each=4 suitcases plus carry ons

A six seater with room for six bags is $US111.46

Finally was able to talk to my PCC. He said HAL’s cut off time is 3 hours using the ship’s shuttle. Ship docks at 7 am, I can get on the bus at 8 am and will be a the airport in plenty of time. I will stop obsessing. 

• Like 5

We never book the cruise line shuttles and always book private transportation outside of the US and use Uber inside the US. A good source for Europe private transportation is Welcome Pickups, used them last year in Italy and booked them for this year in Amsterdam, Athens and Santorini.