Will we make the flight?

cabinluvn

Returning to Copenhagen after the British isles cruise. Delta changed our flight and it now leaves at 11:30 am. Currently are doing HAL transfer to the airport but am fearful we won’t make the flight if we have to wait for the bus to be filled. It is the only flight out for the day. Would it be better to self disembark and take a taxi?  Are

there taxis waiting outside the cruise terminal?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cabinluvn said:

Returning to Copenhagen after the British isles cruise. Delta changed our flight and it now leaves at 11:30 am. Currently are doing HAL transfer to the airport but am fearful we won’t make the flight if we have to wait for the bus to be filled. It is the only flight out for the day. Would it be better to self disembark and take a taxi?  Are

there taxis waiting outside the cruise terminal?

Same here.   I just can’t deal with the ‘stress’ of unknowns anymore.  Do we are staying overnight in Copenhagen and taking the 11:30 flight the next morning.  We have 2 hours and 5 minutes in London and I’m worried about that connection now! I know we ‘can’ make it….. but so many factors.  

11 minutes ago, Gigi1977 said:

Same here.   I just can’t deal with the ‘stress’ of unknowns anymore.  Do we are staying overnight in Copenhagen and taking the 11:30 flight the next morning.  We have 2 hours and 5 minutes in London and I’m worried about that connection now! I know we ‘can’ make it….. but so many factors.  

We have 2 1/2 hours in Amsterdam. London Heathrow is a nightmare. We had two hours but had to change terminals. If you have to do this, watch a you tube video on how to do it. Helpful but we still ended up running to the gate and were the last ones on the plane. We are Club Orange and supposedly can get off the ship in the first group. Hope someone who had done this for a close air departure can answer 

10 minutes ago, cabinluvn said:

We have 2 1/2 hours in Amsterdam. London Heathrow is a nightmare. We had two hours but had to change terminals. If you have to do this, watch a you tube video on how to do it. Helpful but we still ended up running to the gate and were the last ones on the plane. We are Club Orange and supposedly can get off the ship in the first group. Hope someone who had done this for a close air departure can answer 

For clarification, is your ship disembarking in Copenhagen, then you are catching a flight to AMS for departure to North America?

11 minutes ago, cabinluvn said:

e have 2 1/2 hours in Amsterdam. London Heathrow is a nightmare. We had two hours but had to change terminals. If you have to do this, watch a you tube video on how to do it. Helpful but we still ended up running to the gate and were the last ones on the plane. We are Club Orange and supposedly can get off the ship in the first group. Hope someone who had done this for a close air departure can answer 

We have done the London thing before.  It involves a bus ride and a ‘little’ recheck through security.  Not easy but doable. They have taken out the subway/train option so now we have to bus.  Grrr.  Flying is not what it used to be.  

Club Orange should make disembarking easier but anyone can do the early self disembarking.   I would absolutely NOT wait for the HAL transfer.   We had 9 minutes to spare the last time we used their transfer for a close flight.  

13 minutes ago, Gigi1977 said:

We have done the London thing before.  It involves a bus ride and a ‘little’ recheck through security.  Not easy but doable. They have taken out the subway/train option so now we have to bus.  Grrr.  Flying is not what it used to be.  

Club Orange should make disembarking easier but anyone can do the early self disembarking.   I would absolutely NOT wait for the HAL transfer.   We had 9 minutes to spare the last time we used their transfer for a close flight.  

Those were my thoughts. Just don’t know if there are available taxis outside the terminal 

26 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

For clarification, is your ship disembarking in Copenhagen, then you are catching a flight to AMS for departure to North America?

Yes. Flight is Copenhagen to Amsterdam then on to Minneapolis 

If Delta changed your flight you are entitled to a fee free change.  KLM will do their best to get you there and make sure your luggage is handled quickly. 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 2

Okay, thanks.  Wanted to make sure before I posted something completely irrelevant. 😂

This picture was taken a few weeks ago, just before 8:00am. These people are boarding the airport transfer busses.  It is about a 30 minute drive to CPH.  I did see one or two taxis but there definitely wasn’t a string of them à la PEV, for instance.  Several people had pre-arranged transport to pick them up, and I did see those.

What was the advisement on the HAL transfer you purchased?  Normally it would stipulate that your flight cannot be earlier than 11:30am, for example, to purchase.

Our flight left at 5:00pm so we took the 3 hour tour then airport drop-off.  We were dropped at Terminal 2 for a flight from Terminal 3, but it was a quick walk.  CPH had lengthy Security lines when we arrived as we could see them through the window.  T2 & T3 share the same Security access since they are connected.  We had to kill some time before we could drop our bags and proceed through Security.  By then the Security line was somewhat shorter but still took approximately 15-20 minutes.

Once we were through Security we bided some time in the main restaurant/shopping area until the monitor showed we could proceed to our gate.

It was a bit of a walk but the next speed bump was passport control.  That took at least another 10-15 minutes, but only because we lucked out when the non-Schengen passport line opened up.  You are flying within the Schengen area so I don’t believe you will have this additional step.  (Our flight was to the UK.)

Let’s say worst-case scenario is that your bus leaves at 8:30am.  This gets you to the airport about 9:00am (+/-).  Since you are flying to AMS, your bag drop-off won’t open up until two hours prior to departure, which gives you a half hour wait. 

Not trying to influence your decision but just leaving you with items to ponder.  Have a wonderful trip!

6913FA39-0B86-4E44-BDB2-2D206E904BB5.thumb.jpeg.6528f7ab5ab460ba4edf389e2c3b9631.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

If Delta changed your flight you are entitled to a fee free change.  KLM will do their best to get you there and make sure your luggage is handled quickly. 

They changed it by 30 minutes. Only flight out that makes connections without an overnight along the way 

2 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Okay, thanks.  Wanted to make sure before I posted something completely irrelevant. 😂

This picture was taken a few weeks ago, just before 8:00am. These people are boarding the airport transfer busses.  It is about a 30 minute drive to CPH.  I did see one or two taxis but there definitely wasn’t a string of them à la PEV, for instance.  Several people had pre-arranged transport to pick them up, and I did see those.

What was the advisement on the HAL transfer you purchased?  Normally it would stipulate that your flight cannot be earlier than 11:30am, for example, to purchase.

Our flight left at 5:00pm so we took the 3 hour tour then airport drop-off.  We were dropped at Terminal 2 for a flight from Terminal 3, but it was a quick walk.  CPH had lengthy Security lines when we arrived as we could see them through the window.  T2 & T3 share the same Security access since they are connected.  We had to kill some time before we could drop our bags and proceed through Security.  By then the Security line was somewhat shorter but still took approximately 15-20 minutes.

Once we were through Security we bided some time in the main restaurant/shopping area until the monitor showed we could proceed to our gate.

It was a bit of a walk but the next speed bump was passport control.  That took at least another 10-15 minutes, but only because we lucked out when the non-Schengen passport line opened up.  You are flying within the Schengen area so I don’t believe you will have this additional step.  (Our flight was to the UK.)

Let’s say worst-case scenario is that your bus leaves at 8:30am.  This gets you to the airport about 9:00am (+/-).  Since you are flying to AMS, your bag drop-off won’t open up until two hours prior to departure, which gives you a half hour wait. 

Not trying to influence your decision but just leaving you with items to ponder.  Have a wonderful trip!

6913FA39-0B86-4E44-BDB2-2D206E904BB5.thumb.jpeg.6528f7ab5ab460ba4edf389e2c3b9631.jpeg

I believe my PCP added the transfers when we booked the cruise. He booked flight ease for us but when u checked I found I could get cheaper booking myself. By a significant amount. I booked exactly the same flights out of Copenhagen so he was aware. However’ the flight left at 12:00 at booking time. I will check with him

1 minute ago, cabinluvn said:

They changed it by 30 minutes. Only flight out that makes connections without an overnight along the way 

When is this?   I have had my time change for a flight two or three times leaving AMS.  In the end it was the original time.  Do your homework.  Check the flight history for your flight number (Delta). You can find out when it usually really leaves. Then look at the airport wait times.  These two bits of info will let you make a comfortable decision.  

as to the transfer do check the HAL website as to the cutoff time, if you are right at it you will likely be ok as the other people on your bus will likely be in the same rush.  Be sure to update your flight info on the HAL website  

You can download the Viggo.com app (Copenhagen's Uber) and have a vehicle there when you disembark. The CPH airport is small and not nearly as chaotic as AMS. Getting to CPH 2 hours prior to your flight should be adequate (our driver told us 60-90 minutes was ok but not for us). You should be fine to make an 11:30 flight as long as you disembark by 8:30-8:45. We were just there in early July.

43 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

This picture was taken a few weeks ago, just before 8:00am.

Apologies!  Only a slight thread hijack but are those Hop on - Hop off buses in the background?

19 minutes ago, Nodakboiler said:

Yes- they come right to the port

I was aware that they went to Langelinie, but I think this is Oceankaj.  Do they go to Oceankaj?  Any ideal of the last time they call?  Or do they call all day with departing cruisers too?

20 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

I was aware that they went to Langelinie, but I think this is Oceankaj.  Do they go to Oceankaj?  Any ideal of the last time they call?  Or do they call all day with departing cruisers too?

Yes, it was Oceankaj T-2.  Since they’re HOHO’s, I’m going to go out on a limb and say it is one of their pickup dropoff stops for all day sightseeing.  I should have picked up a brochure!  Hopefully their website gives you more information.  🙂

Sorry.  I meant to add this screenshot:

5BB84248-BD68-4250-885E-1A0BB91A980F.thumb.jpeg.1990da347b2e7ee396cc8bf967c7f0a2.jpeg

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nodakboiler said:

You can download the Viggo.com app (Copenhagen's Uber) and have a vehicle there when you disembark. The CPH airport is small and not nearly as chaotic as AMS. Getting to CPH 2 hours prior to your flight should be adequate (our driver told us 60-90 minutes was ok but not for us). You should be fine to make an 11:30 flight as long as you disembark by 8:30-8:45. We were just there in early July.

Thank you…but what time do I have the vehicle there?  Do I tell him 8:30, even tho it might not be that time?  Will he wait if we are delayed?

I second the advice of a previous poster to spend a night (or two) in Copenhagen before flying home.  It's one of my favorite cities in the world to visit for a couple of days, and that little decision would take all the stress out of this equation.

• Like 4

Why do people spend so much money to get somewhere, go on a nice relaxing (we hope) cruise and then build in loads of stress at the end scheduling impossible flight connections? You have a connection in Amsterdam? Make it a layover, enjoy Amsterdam then take the flight out the next day.

It's like flying into the embarkation port on the day of sail away hoping that they can make the ship on time. An overnight stay while it could be expensive is worth ever cent for the stress relief it provides.

• Like 7