Koper for the day August 2023 Help Please

A little more info would be helpful.  You can't find a tour or you can't find a tour that interests you? 

Are you looking at ship tours or private tours?

Most ships offer tours to Ljubljana or Lake Bled; there are other, closer options as well.

6 hours ago, Family Vac 2023 said:

Our cruise stops one day at Koper and we were thinking of staying on the ship to relax as I can’t find a tour any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

You dock in town. You can just get off the ship and walk around the old town. There was a little tourist stand outside the ship that had some brochures and maps. They also have a little hop on hop off bus that goes down the coast to Piran.

11 hours ago, Family Vac 2023 said:

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

There are a number of previous threads with suggestions if you use the SEARCH tool under your username to find them, but I think this quite recent thread would be the most helpful to read.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2917053-suggestions-for-koper/

If you would rather not do a longer tour to  Ljubljana or Lake Bled, you could very easily have a low key visit to super pretty Piran (images and reviews online) and still have time to relax onboard.

• Like 1

A little walk to the main square is nice. You can go to the top of the clock tower. The Praetorian palace is open for visits and if you go through the arch there used to be a good ice cream shop. Nice place for  little mooch about and back for a relax in the afternoon.

• 4 weeks later...

We spent 5 days in Slovenia several years ago; Lake Bled, Ljubljana, the caves, the countryside, the wineries. It is a beautiful place and was a great trip, ending in Budapest. If you stay in the port you are really missing out. Our cruise stops there in October. We'll figure out what we didn't see last time and enjoy whatever our choice is.

We had a port day in Koper. It was the last day of our cruise, so we opted not to travel far and just stayed in town. It is a lovely small town, but small is the key word. It does not imo support a full day, which worked for us to go back and pack in the afternoon. If I were visiting Koper again, I would definitely want to explore further away to one of the suggestions here. Since we are not excursions people though, the distance to these places is a bit of a drive, and that also impacted our decision. I would want to make sure I had a reputable guide. 

Edited by Vineyard View
  • Like 1

So this is the link to my review that included Koper.  I would recommend contacting Istranka tours. I did like the small old town of Koper even though the weather was not kind to us.  I just wish I had known about the Lippizaner tour beforehand - we just did not leave the ship early enough.  The tour i did was nice enough - i just could have done better.