Engagement decorations on the ship?

LadyMac72

One of our party will be getting engaged on our next cruise. Everyone dressed up for elegant night, taking pictures, he pops the questions, cameras are there to catch it. Dinner and champagne to follow.

I was thinking, while we are all at dinner afterwards, maybe I could ask the room steward to decorate their cabin.(I'm the mother of the soon-to-be-groom).  I could bring decorations and give them to him/her (with a nice tip of course). Have you ever done this/seen it done/know of any good decorations. There's no engagement decorations on Carnival's website so I would have to bring my own. 

Do you think it could be done or am I asking too much? I already have a new door magnet to put on the door once she says "yes". And I am very confident she will say "yes".

8 minutes ago, TreyB said:

Asking the room steward to decorate a cabin for you is out of line in my opinion. Even with a tip. 

How about you just decorate it yourself?oh please.  It's a special occasion.  

Not sure how the cruise was booked. If you used a PVP they might support and arrange some decorations. We have completed this before. 

Also, I would recommend having a plan in place to decorate yourself. Perhaps steward can open room for you. Magnets are your friend here. Can have decor purchased and bring with you. Maybe some are personalized. They just attach to walls/ceiling with strong magnets. 

Can also bring some decorations such as cake toppers and have them add to cake that you can preorder from funshops. 

5 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

In all honesty, the room stewards have enough to do as it is. 

5 hours ago, TreyB said:

Asking the room steward to decorate a cabin for you is out of line in my opinion. Even with a tip. 

How about you just decorate it yourself?

we agree with both of these,  do your own decorating

10 hours ago, TreyB said:

How about you just decorate it yourself?

It's a surprise proposal. So it would give it away if I did it. Like I said, I was thinking of having it done while we are at dinner.

You might call Carnival and 1) have the booking noted as a special occasion for the day after he proposes so they'll give her a cake at dinner and 2) ask if they can arrange to have the cabin decorated during dinner. They can likely lean on their crew so it doesn't pull your steward off task. And everyone will be surprised cuz you will never have seen any of the decorations! Then after the first day (so all the embarkation tasks are out of the way) ask your cabin steward if they are aware of it. If answer is no, ask them to please check on it for you.

Congrats!