Lost & Found- Does it exist?

Bright1

We disembarked from a Haven suite on the Joy on 6/4/23. That night I realized that I had left my Kindle under a pillow on the bed. I remembered that as we were leaving, our steward was waiting to turnover our room. I contacted the Lost & Found site with all of the necessary information. I was so optimistic that this would be an easy fix. There is still no resolution. After 2 weeks I reached out to the Concierge desk and was directed to   US Guest Experience who referred me back to Lost & Found who has indicated nothing. 
Any advice?

Edited by Bright1

1 hour ago, Bright1 said:

The lack of concern is what is bothersome. Yes, it’s only worth $150 or so. But, I thought Haven guests or any guests could be assured of more courtesy than I’ve gotten. 

Pretty much the same thing with my last cruise.  I'm fairly certain I lost my hearing aids on debarkation.  I contacted Guest Services.  I knew someone on the next cruise and they contacted the concierge.  Nothing.

20 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Pretty much the same thing with my last cruise.  I'm fairly certain I lost my hearing aids on debarkation.  I contacted Guest Services.  I knew someone on the next cruise and they contacted the concierge.  Nothing.

Wait....are we really blaming NCL for not returning items that passengers lost? I'm all for blaming NCL, but for lost and found items? Come on! 

When I was director of a charter school, we just threw out the crap kids lost. I'm guessing that's what NCL does too. Maybe direct the blame at those who lost the items....oh wait, that would require self-awareness.

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

As a hearing aid wearer myself, I have to ask....  How does someone lose hearing aids?  Did they fall out of your ears while waiting to disembark?

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Wait....are we really blaming NCL for not returning items that passengers lost? I'm all for blaming NCL, but for lost and found items? Come on! 

When I was director of a charter school, we just threw out the crap kids lost. I'm guessing that's what NCL does too. Maybe direct the blame at those who lost the items....oh wait, that would require self-awareness.

I have 5 kids, omg the lost and found bins were huge! The schools would definitely have to toss them (I’m sure my kids had stuff in there).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

We're not talking about some kid's 'crap'.  Ipads and hearing aids are expensive.  

42 minutes ago, phoenix1181 said:

As a hearing aid wearer myself, I have to ask....  How does someone lose hearing aids?  Did they fall out of your ears while waiting to disembark?

Do  you have your hearing aids in 24/7?  Do you ever take them out?

49 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I have 5 kids, omg the lost and found bins were huge! The schools would definitely have to toss them (I’m sure my kids had stuff in there).

It was stunning the number of graphing calculators, prescription glasses, and track-type phones that were left. I remember one iPhone we found...it was never claimed. To the e-cycler it went. We would try to find the owners of those. Some of our kids wore expensive (like $150+) clothes and those were left too. Unfortunately, you're right. We had to throw stuff out. We couldn't keep it, though we tried to hold on to stuff for at least a week or two. Graphing calculators just went to the math department if they weren't claimed.

Thank you for being an understanding mom! 

12 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

We're not talking about some kid's 'crap'.  Ipads and hearing aids are expensive.  

If it's expensive, more important to keep track of where those items are....trust me, I've lost important, expensive items before. Never once did I blame the company where I lost the items for not having them when I inquired if they had found them. 

And, see my other comment in this quote - some of the items were $100+...not iPad or hearing aid expensive, but expensive.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

If it's expensive, more important to keep track of where those items are....trust me, I've lost important, expensive items before. Never once did I blame the company where I lost the items for not having them when I inquired if they had found them. 

I didn't blame NCL.  I only described my attempts to contact NCL to see if the hearing aids had been turned in.

11 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I didn't blame NCL.  I only described my attempts to contact NCL to see if the hearing aids had been turned in.

5 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I know. My comments weren't necessarily directed at you good sir.

Actually, I was satisfied with NCL's responses and attempts to find my hearing aid.

The last I remember, I put them in my carry bag.  Many things could have happened.

Did they fall out of my bag?

Did I just forget them?

Did I lose them after I got off the ship?

Don't know.  

But it was certainly worth asking NCL if they had found them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Actually, I was satisfied with NCL's responses and attempts to find my hearing aid.

The last I remember, I put them in my carry bag.  Many things could have happened.

Did they fall out of my bag?

Did I just forget them?

Did I lose them after I got off the ship?

Don't know.  

But it was certainly worth asking NCL if they had found them.

Oh yea! Nothing wrong, at all, with asking!!! I remember you had Omar on the case and I was hopeful he might find them...I don't know how much time he actually spent looking, but I'd hope it was more than a cursory glance. We'll never really know.

I remember losing a water bottle in Glacier National Park when I was backpacking. I put it on the ground while I filled another bottle, then just left it. Somehow, NPS actually found it! They wouldn't mail it and I didn't get back to Glacier that season. They informed me it would be thrown out and I decided I'd just have to lose a water bottle. A six hour drive from home to Glacier just wasn't in the cards, even for my baba! 

49 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Do  you have your hearing aids in 24/7?  Do you ever take them out?

Of course I don't wear them 24/7!  BUT...   If they're not in my ears, it's because I'm sleeping, showering or swimming.  No sense in spending all that money if I'm not going to wear them.

58 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Oh yea! Nothing wrong, at all, with asking!!! I remember you had Omar on the case and I was hopeful he might find them...I don't know how much time he actually spent looking, but I'd hope it was more than a cursory glance. We'll never really know.

I remember losing a water bottle in Glacier National Park when I was backpacking. I put it on the ground while I filled another bottle, then just left it. Somehow, NPS actually found it! They wouldn't mail it and I didn't get back to Glacier that season. They informed me it would be thrown out and I decided I'd just have to lose a water bottle. A six hour drive from home to Glacier just wasn't in the cards, even for my baba! 

Omar did all I expected which was to contact guest services, the butler, and the steward.  As I said, I'm not sure if I lost them before or after I got off the boat.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, phoenix1181 said:

Of course I don't wear them 24/7!  BUT...   If they're not in my ears, it's because I'm sleeping, showering or swimming.  No sense in spending all that money if I'm not going to wear them.

I have been very disappointed in the three pair of aids I have purchased.  I found them to be more of a hassle than being  useful.  consequently, I didn't wear them all that often.  

It’s very disappointing that NCL doesn’t have a better handle on the Lost and Found department. 
I know exactly where my Kindle was when I disembarked. Our steward entered the cabin as I left. I contacted Lost & Found within 8 hours. If there are, in fact, no procedures in place NCL could make that known. Why keep shuffling my emails and phone calls? Just wondering…….

3 minutes ago, Bright1 said:

It’s very disappointing that NCL doesn’t have a better handle on the Lost and Found department. 
I know exactly where my Kindle was when I disembarked. Our steward entered the cabin as I left. I contacted Lost & Found within 8 hours. If there are, in fact, no procedures in place NCL could make that known. Why keep shuffling my emails and phone calls? Just wondering…….

I'm sure NCL does have a good handle on lost and found cosidering the number of items lost/left on every cruise.  The major problem is that, all too often, those procedures aren't followed.  Lots of people, for example, would thank you for leaving them a nice kindle instead of turning it in.  

3 hours ago, Bright1 said:

There were 3 or 4 more boxes of "lost and found" lined up down the counter at Guest Services on our last cruise in May. How would you catalog these dozens and dozens of "lost" items? It does not sound like people really understand what "lost and found" is. 

image.png.03025a4f6dad6866be9713b544069f70.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

Seriously? This topic is about items of some value. An after thought is an item in a Haven suite where our steward entered as we left. Finally, the question is whether there is an actual Lost and Found in place. 
Looking at your picture- possibly not. 

Edited by Bright1
Punctuation

17 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I have been very disappointed in the three pair of aids I have purchased.  I found them to be more of a hassle than being  useful.  consequently, I didn't wear them all that often.  

That's a shame.  Have you tried ear buds molded for your ears rather than the standard type?

When I got my first set, my audiologist made a mold for one ear but used the regular type for the other.  The molded one was so comfortable, I never gave it a thought.  The other, not so much so I requested a mold for that one as well.  Sixteen years later, I'm wearing my 3rd set, and wear them all day, every day, without a thought.  They're too damn expensive to sit on a bureau and truly make life better when you can hear everything that's going on around you!

56 minutes ago, phoenix1181 said:

That's a shame.  Have you tried ear buds molded for your ears rather than the standard type?

When I got my first set, my audiologist made a mold for one ear but used the regular type for the other.  The molded one was so comfortable, I never gave it a thought.  The other, not so much so I requested a mold for that one as well.  Sixteen years later, I'm wearing my 3rd set, and wear them all day, every day, without a thought.  They're too damn expensive to sit on a bureau and truly make life better when you can hear everything that's going on around you!

Yes, I've tried both types.  Some love their hearing aids.  Some do not.  But, thanks for asking.