Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

There's a Pacific Coastal up for Serenade. 5 nights, Vancouver to San Diego on the 14th of September. Looks quite expensive to me for a 5-nighter on a radiance class ship.

Screenshot_20240712-081349.thumb.png.9c62da999f22e31253451a31b4f50ab3.png

4 hours ago, FionaMG said:

There's a Pacific Coastal up for Serenade. 5 nights, Vancouver to San Diego on the 14th of September. Looks quite expensive to me for a 5-nighter on a radiance class ship.

Thanks for sharing Fiona.

Now will the next cruise use the 21/09 booking in Los Angeles? 

19 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

A drydock only 18 months after her refurbishment/amp? That doesn't make sense to me.

They may need something mechanical which we will never se or be told about.  Just consider it out of service instead of speculating

7 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Yup. Booked that on Tuesday hoping for PC after

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Southern Dan said:

I cannot wait to do a Panama Canal Cruise...won't be until fall of '26 at the earliest at this point...

I'm still really bummed the Panama 7-nighters got canceled. Otherwise I won't be in a position to do a repositioning cruise (to get through the canal) until after retirement.

3 hours ago, Barley928 said:

They may need something mechanical which we will never se or be told about.

Perhaps.

3 hours ago, Barley928 said:

Just consider it out of service instead of speculating

I can speculate all I want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm still really bummed the Panama 7-nighters got canceled. Otherwise I won't be in a position to do a repositioning cruise (to get through the canal) until after retirement.

Where did those itineraries leave from and when did they stop?  That would definitely much easier than taking two weeks off of work…

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Southern Dan said:

Where did those itineraries leave from and when did they stop?  That would definitely much easier than taking two weeks off of work…

Those were slated for December 2023 to April 2024, give or take. One way trips back and forth between Colon and Panama City, hitting Costa Rica and Colombia in the process. Canceled due to low water levels in the canal (which apparently has since gotten better)

Edited by smokeybandit

19 minutes ago, Southern Dan said:

They were on Rhapsody departing from somewhere actually in the area, Panama or Colombia or somewhere like that. I have a feeling there were several different departure ports but I can't remember which ones.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

I thought you booked the Radiance Oct. 2025 PC. 

Hoping if Timed right I can do both, this one would leave Sept 19th, with PC running 13-16nites last 2yrs. And way things get canceled at least can do one..but hoping for both, yes I'm Greedy

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Southern Dan said:

I cannot wait to do a Panama Canal Cruise...won't be until fall of '26 at the earliest at this point...

We just sailed Radiance of the Seas this past April, Tampa to LA.  Loved it and are looking forward to taking it from LA back to FL one day.  It was a great cruise and a ton of fun.  We made a bunch of new cruise friends!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Southern Dan said:

I jumped on the oct 2025 radiance transit. Came out recently, ... late.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Perhaps.

I can speculate all I want.

Of course you can.  I know when I do it, then it makes me crazy.  I just consider they are fixing mechanical stuff that is not the time of a full refurbished.  Going on Adventure from PCN to Portugal. 17 day drydock after that.  I spoke to 1 of the object 2 hotel directors I an friendly with.  He told me they are sand blasting the ship because every balcony and the adjoining is rushing.  Then they will paint. No new furniture or carpet unless very worn. Just that for 17 days.  They have teams wiring 24/7 to finish on time for TA back to PCN. I was not that dating. We are taking Voyager back to PCN instead. 

Something has changed over the last 3 months since the turn around booking was made in Los Angeles for the 21 September 2025 for Serenade.

The current Pacific Coastal finishes 19 September 2025 in San Diego.

Why didn’t they put all the cruises on sale at once? 

Without sounding like a broken record maybe these change of plans probably have something to do with Voyager in Brisbane. Or did have something to do with Voyager. 

If the next cruise was going to Australia in the normal 2 cruises format to and from Hawaii Serenade would have to start in Ensenada. 

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Something has changed over the last 3 months since the turn around booking was made in Los Angeles for the 21 September 2025 for Serenade.

The current Pacific Coastal finishes 19 September 2025 in San Diego.

Why didn’t they put all the cruises on sale at once? 

Without sounding like a broken record maybe these change of plans probably have something to do with Voyager in Brisbane. Or did have something to do with Voyager. 

If the next cruise was going to Australia in the normal 2 cruises format to and from Hawaii Serenade would have to start in Ensenada. 

It looks like Serenade will be leaving the Pacific,

They probably want a Voyager class to take advantage of the new larger wharf in  Seward . It’s supposed to be ready for the 2026 Alaska season.

18 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Glen, Port of Los Angeles is showing Ovation on a regular basis from May 2025 to September 2025. Wasn't she supposed to go to Asia after leaving AU at the end of the 24-25 season?

Beijing was she was meant to go to after the Oz season. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Glen, Port of Los Angeles is showing Ovation on a regular basis from May 2025 to September 2025. Wasn't she supposed to go to Asia after leaving AU at the end of the 24-25 season?

Seems to be doing the same length itineraries as Quantum will in the fall

2 hours ago, woodscruise said:

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

Beijing was she was meant to go to after the Oz season. 

I wonder what the story is there?

It looks like Ovation finishes in September and Quantum takes over.

Do you think they are giving China a miss?

Do you think Ovation might take over Voyager?