Quest from Athens - Greece intensive

excitedofharpenden

Just started to sail now. Check in was the best I have EVER done on Azamara. On the ship after 10 minutes at 12.15. No waiting. It's 40°+ here and Azamara instructed the port no waiting. 

Normal lifeboat drill because of circumstances. I'm told 308 onboard. So quiet. Great to see some familiar crew faces. 

Phil 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Just started to sail now. Check in was the best I have EVER done on Azamara. On the ship after 10 minutes at 12.15. No waiting. It's 40°+ here and Azamara instructed the port no waiting. 

Normal lifeboat drill because of circumstances. I'm told 308 onboard. So quiet. Great to see some familiar crew faces. 

Phil 

Wow!  You will have the ship to yourself!  Bon Voyage! 

Although sailing on a ship with this kind of pax load <50%, as we have, is heavenly, I am reading too many reports of less than full (or considerably less than full) Azamara sailings.  Even with their pricing, those are not sustainable numbers.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Although sailing on a ship with this kind of pax load <50%, as we have, is heavenly, I am reading too many reports of less than full (or considerably less than full) Azamara sailings.  Even with their pricing, those are not sustainable numbers.

I'd agree.  A little bird told me that Pursuit is just 300 pax on the current cruise 

• Thanks 1

They need to sort this call centre out and the relationship with travel agents. It’s adversely impacting on bookings and guest loyalty. 

Hope you have a fabulous time Phil, wish we could have pulled off being with you

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ECCruise said:

The one before had 670 and the next has about the same. It seems so hard to predict and I'm not sure why this cruise hasn't sold. Except that I booked reasonably late (April) and struggled with flights which were expensive. Coming into kids holiday season here. Perhaps that's a reason that folk struggled to get here in reasonable cost. Agree, we need to see ships sail full. 

Phil 

• Like 2

I think there is also the challenge of flight times aligning to being transported from Choggia rather than central Venice which makes some itineraries less attractive. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

The one before had 670 and the next has about the same. It seems so hard to predict and I'm not sure why this cruise hasn't sold. Except that I booked reasonably late (April) and struggled with flights which were expensive. Coming into kids holiday season here. Perhaps that's a reason that folk struggled to get here in reasonable cost. Agree, we need to see ships sail full. 

Phil 

That might be a factor. We booked in May and I suspect the cruise was not very full at that time, but some very nice promotions were set up and it filled very quickly. Probably better flight prices in august than in july, at least for Scandinavia, as the schools starts around august 20th.

• Like 3

On 7/15/2023 at 6:29 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

We’re on the cruise also-got to the port earlier than our assigned checkin time and expected to have to wait around for awhile. We were pleasantly surprised to be on board so quickly!

Diana

• Like 2

On 7/18/2023 at 12:04 PM, wjfan417 said:

We’re on the cruise also-got to the port earlier than our assigned checkin time and expected to have to wait around for awhile. We were pleasantly surprised to be on board so quickly!

Diana

Hope you are enjoying. We are having a fab time despite the heat. 

Phil 

• Like 5