Suite Concierge Hours

TCTXCruiser

I don't know the exact time, but I remember meeting the team there shortly after eating lunch (probably 1ish). 

I'll defer to the more frequent cruisers, but I believe you can make the reservations pre-cruise via the Medallion App.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nwnittany said:

I don't know the exact time, but I remember meeting the team there shortly after eating lunch (probably 1ish). 

I'll defer to the more frequent cruisers, but I believe you can make the reservations pre-cruise via the Medallion App.

you sir are correct, on both accounts. 4 stars on yelp for you 👌

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nwnittany said:

I would love to do through the app but it doesn't seem to let me book the free first night specialty dining at all and every other days only shows Sabatini's. 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, TCTXCruiser said:

I would love to do through the app but it doesn't seem to let me book the free first night specialty dining at all and every other days only shows Sabatini's. 🤷‍♀️

It is a hit and miss.  I have yet been able to book the complimentary suite specialty dinner on the app pre-cruise.  I know of others who were able to do this.

Well, that was a bust.  Went to my personalizer to see if I could do this.  It says reservations were moved to App.  Went to app/Dine my Way.  No place to reserve specialty dining option.  I was just curious.  I will wait until I am onboard, as always.  

One more time.  I was able to find "make reservations" on web based App.  So I tried.  Showed my payment method, but did not show zero balance due.  I clicked...it was reserved...but did not know if I was going to be charged or not...so deleted.  I will book on board.  

Really shouldn't be this difficult.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

It is a hit and miss.  I have yet been able to book the complimentary suite specialty dinner on the app pre-cruise.  I know of others who were able to do this.

Well, that was a bust.  Went to my personalizer to see if I could do this.  It says reservations were moved to App.  Went to app/Dine my Way.  No place to reserve specialty dining option.  I was just curious.  I will wait until I am onboard, as always.  

One more time.  I was able to find "make reservations" on web based App.  So I tried.  Showed my payment method, but did not show zero balance due.  I clicked...it was reserved...but did not know if I was going to be charged or not...so deleted.  I will book on board.  

Really shouldn't be this difficult.

It really shouldn't be!  I'll just hope for the best once on board.  

• Like 1

Two recent cruises:  

Royal Princess: I couldn’t  book until onboard, so saw concierge after boarding.  She called the dine line and handed phone to me. I got the reservation, but a different time than what I wanted. I didn’t ask for a different night as it was a short cruise. 

Island Princess:  I could book, no charge. Checked a few weeks later; poof, it was gone. I tried  to rebook, system wanted to charge my cc.  Called and was told I had to use credit card to book.  I called the dine line once onboard, got the time I wanted.  No concierge. 

These last two cruises, the restaurants were not busy most evenings. I don’t know if it was the increase prices, or the particular cruises. 

I think the concierges were at the desk from about 1200.  

• Thanks 1

We recently cruised on the Royal in a Penthouse suite. This was our first suite on Princess so we really did not know what to expect. We were in R603 so just a few doors down from the lounge and the laundry. I went into the lounge to get a coffee about 11:30 AM shortly after boarding. Carmen the concierge was there and she introduced herself and gave us an over view of the coming 2 weeks. She handled our specialty reservations for that night and for all other nites as well. She gave us free laundry tokens as I like to do certain clothes that I don't want to send out.She also held various special evenings with get togethers, complimentary drinks, food and entertainment (mostly Hawaii). We wanted to cancel one Hawaiian tour that we had purchased and she did that for us and got us our money back. She also got us on another tour that we decided to do.Basically, she saved us multiple trips to the service desk for questions and issues. She even handled a bill on our account that was incorrect. This  concierge service was invaluable to us as it saved us time and aggravation. We provided a tip at the end of the cruise to thank her. It seemed like she was in the lounge from 10 AM on for the day and evening

Edited by Clampram
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Clampram said:

We recently cruised on the Royal in a Penthouse suite. This was our first suite on Princess so we really did not know what to expect. We were in R603 so just a few doors down from the lounge and the laundry. I went into the lounge to get a coffee about 11:30 AM shortly after boarding. Carmen the concierge was there and she introduced herself and gave us an over view of the coming 2 weeks. She handled our specialty reservations for that night and for all other nites as well. She gave us free laundry tokens as I like to do certain clothes that I don't want to send out.She also held various special evenings with get togethers, complimentary drinks, food and entertainment (mostly Hawaii). We wanted to cancel one Hawaiian tour that we had purchased and she did that for us and got us our money back. She also got us on another tour that we decided to do.Basically, she saved us multiple trips to the service desk for questions and issues. She even handled a bill on our account that was incorrect. This  concierge service was invaluable to us as it saved us time and aggravation. We provided a tip at the end of the cruise to thank her. It seemed like she was in the lounge from 10 AM on for the day and evening

This is great information!  Thank you!  This is our first suite and first ever cruise so trying to figure out so much. We are really looking forward to having the lounge so close. Good tip on the laundry tokens too. My husband has some shirts he would rather not send off. I'll keep this in mind. 

15 minutes ago, TCTXCruiser said:

This is great information!  Thank you!  This is our first suite and first ever cruise so trying to figure out so much. We are really looking forward to having the lounge so close. Good tip on the laundry tokens too. My husband has some shirts he would rather not send off. I'll keep this in mind. 

On the Discovery last month no tokens were needed all washing and drying was free

TCTX...here's a good tip for you

When you go to use your tokens on the machines on the Royal, they only need one token

Trouble is...there are 4-5  token slots on each machine and you won't know which slot to use

One of the slots has a small notch near the end of it and that is the one to use!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Clampram said:

TCTX...here's a good tip for you

When you go to use your tokens on the machines on the Royal, they only need one token

Trouble is...there are 4-5  token slots on each machine and you won't know which slot to use

One of the slots has a small notch near the end of it and that is the one to use!!!!

Thanks for the tip! 

On 7/16/2023 at 7:54 AM, Clampram said:

What a wonderful report.  We've been in one of the Penthouse suites twice, once in R614 on the Regal and once in one of the aft corner suites (can't remember the #) both are just lovely suites, the aft one was actually amazing.  Both were pre Covid and not a lot went on in the Concierge lounge so it's very nice to hear that there are evening events being held in that venue now. We have a TA booked on the Sky and I'm sure we will utilize the lounge there.  Hopefully whoever is the concierge on it at the time of our sailing will be as good as Carmen was on the Royal.

3 hours ago, cjpj said:

Are there free alcoholic beverages in the Conceige Lounge?  If so what type?

On the Discovery I think it was something like 5-7 pm. They had wine, beer, assorted hard alcohol. There was a Fiesta with margaritas one night (Mexico cruise).

13 hours ago, cjpj said:

Are there free alcoholic beverages in the Conceige Lounge?  If so what type?

I haven't had first hand experience but have read from others that if there is a liquor you like, the concierge can get it for the lounge.  This might vary by lounge or the person though.  

12 minutes ago, bobpell said:

Penthouse on the Ruby

First timer

Does the concierge meet with you first day at our room or do we deal with him/her at guest services?

bob

First, there is no concierge on the Ruby, only the Royal Class ships.  On ships with a concierge you will meet him or her in the concierge lounge.  There is an assistant concierge also.