Use your dink package on shore

Diggerof4

I have looked everywhere, made several calls, tried live chat (after and 1 hr and 1/2, I gave up). Tried speaking to my vacation planner,  I did reach someone else and he never called back, google,  checked on here.  Any help or where I could go look, please let me know!
Question: 
When you purchase a drink package and you are on shore (still during your cruise), you are able to use your drink package at certain participating vendors (ie; bars, restaurants,) and that will count towards your daily drink total.  Example: in the Caribbean, Princess does have a private island where you are to use this, as well as some other vendors as well. 
I read where Alaska was going to be doing this as well.  But I am not sure which town or which vendor.  Has anyone heard anything?  
If you have,  do you know which vendor (s) it is and/or town (s).  This is will be factor in purchasing the package.  
Thank you so much in advance !!!!   Happy sailing!!!

I have only heard of using the medallion to pay in some selected stores. Not the drink package. I believe if you look at the provisions of the drink package you will not find anything about being used in a non Princess venue. The onshore program talks about using medallion pay only. Personally I would never use the medallion to pay off the ship. How would you challenge a charge once you leave port ?

• Like 1

On Princess private island, yes you can use your drink package,  However, you cannot, at this time, use it for complimentary drinks in any port.  You can purchase some things at participating stores using the Medallion, but not familiar with all the rules.

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

On Princess private island, yes you can use your drink package,  However, you cannot, at this time, use it for complimentary drinks in any port.  You can purchase some things at participating stores using the Medallion, but not familiar with all the rules.

It is my understanding (somewhere on CC) that shore vendors that chose to participate in the Medallion Pay, also are charged 40% by Princess.  I would suspect that the vendors would pass that on to the customer.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

It is my understanding (somewhere on CC) that shore vendors that chose to participate in the Medallion Pay, also are charged 40% by Princess.  I would suspect that the vendors would pass that on to the customer.

I would think so, too.  Makes shopping very expensive.  I’d rather just pay it myself to be honest.  

• Like 1