Recs for private tour roundtrip from Civitavecchia to Rome?

Eli_6

I am looking for recs for a private tour r/t from the port for next June for my family of 5.  2 kids and 3 adults.  Husband and I have been to Rome but our kids and my mother have not. We are wanting to see the Colliseum because it was closed when we were there for our honeymoon 15 or so years ago, but spend most of our time at the Vatican as that was what we found the most impressive when we were there. Maybe a stop at the Pantheon.  Anyone have any tour companies they recommend?  I have been looking at Viator but thought I would ask here if there is any particular company that people have had good experiences with.  

Just a heads up I would get Colosseum tickets on your own. I have heard stories on different travel message boards I go on where a tour was cancelled last minute because they could not get the tickets. We were there the other day and while waiting to get in talked to a couple who had that happen.  They go on sale 30 days in advance and have to be online at the time you want. For example if you need a 9 am have to be on at 9 am Rome time which for us was 3 am US east coast time. We heard it is easier to get regular tickets or with audio guide than the arena floor or full access. My husband and I went on 2 devices and kept refreshing for an hour before we could get them. They then go on sale 7 days in advance and if still unsuccessful they have a day of ticket window.

• Like 1