Returned from our 7-day Carnival Vista cruise yesterday. Three of our seven have Covid 🥲

DEBBO1012

7 minutes ago, carsastic said:

I glad your feeling better, may i ask which. Anti viral you got , i tried to get plaxovid here a d do s were not cooperative.

I took both tamiflu and cipro, but just used the tamiflu. My nasal sprays to kill virus are Xlear and sovereign silver. 

• Like 1

My DH caught COVID on day 3 of our last cruise.  As an FYI, Covid tests are free from the onboard medical center.  Although I had brought a COVID test with me, they gave tests to the others in our cabin to try and figure out how to place our family.  They also provided free-of-charge cough meds, cold/sinus meds, and Tylenol, in addition to free onboard movies, wi-fi, and room service.

Edited by CeleBrat
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, MogeyMan said:

Why not?

Because people don’t test for a cold or flu when on a cruise or just back from one.

Really, what is a test going to do? You’ll either know you have Covid or something else but either way, you’re sick. 

I just got back from a big family cruise and most everyone got Covid. I didn’t this time. 

Everyone that was sick, still flew home, they’re certainly not going to quarantine until they feel better.

Covid is not going anywhere, it’s a bummer that it’s an airborne virus but life isn’t going to stop anymore because of it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/17/2023 at 6:44 PM, CeleBrat said:

My DH caught COVID on day 3 of our last cruise.  As an FYI, Covid tests are free from the onboard medical center.  Although I had brought a COVID test with me, they gave tests to the others in our cabin to try and figure out how to place our family.  They also provided free-of-charge cough meds, cold/sinus meds, and Tylenol, in addition to free onboard movies, wi-fi, and room service.

When were you tested on a cruise? I ask, because when my son got it in Feb while we were on a cruise, when I called medical, they told me twice that it would be $125. Almost like they were discouraging me from having him tested. I did anyway (he was positive) and the rest of the things you mentioned were free at that point, but we were billed the $125 for the test. We were on Paradise. 

13 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

When were you tested on a cruise? I ask, because when my son got it in Feb while we were on a cruise, when I called medical, they told me twice that it would be $125. Almost like they were discouraging me from having him tested. I did anyway (he was positive) and the rest of the things you mentioned were free at that point, but we were billed the $125 for the test. We were on Paradise. 

It may vary from ship to ship.  Last July I felt sick so they tested me, DW, and our 2 boys...all free of charge.  I tested postive so they quarantined me on deck 1 for the last 2 days of the cruise.