Oasis of the Seas Beer Bag

The bag with beers (or water, soda, Truly) are from the 'gifts and gear' section.  Not like getting a bucket of beer.  I highly doubt they are offering a discount on anything to refill your 'gift bag'.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

I don't know that they'll refill it. We got it with the water and love the bag, but never thought of getting it refilled....

The first time we bought this was in 2016 I am pretty sure and they did refill it for less money. I think you pay for the bag the first time too so drinks are less. Not sure if they still do it now though.

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

The bag with beers (or water, soda, Truly) are from the 'gifts and gear' section.  Not like getting a bucket of beer.  I highly doubt they are offering a discount on anything to refill your 'gift bag'.  

They did back in 2016 as the bag is included in that price. Just trying to find out if anyone has done it recently 🙂

Just now, hazeleyes46 said:

They did back in 2016 as the bag is included in that price. Just trying to find out if anyone has done it recently 🙂

Onboard, or did you purchase from the pre-cruise Gifts section?    

If you are referring to the cooler bags they used to sell at the ship bars with the buy X number get one free, I haven't seen those offered since the restart of cruising, and I've been on about a cruise a month since the June 2021 return.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anton said:

If you are referring to the cooler bags they used to sell at the ship bars with the buy X number get one free, I haven't seen those offered since the restart of cruising, and I've been on about a cruise a month since the June 2021 return.

I just bought it for our September cruise. $43.99 for 6 beers and the bag.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hazeleyes46 said:

We bought it on board the last time. This time we got in the gifts section. 

I guess I'm extremely skeptical about them offering any sort of discounted 'refill'.  If they took away the measly can of soda and cookies from those with Diamond status and now everyone gets a couple of bottles of water, I don't hold out much hope for catching a break on things, lol.  And I know, not everyone liked the cookies.  But I did like the soda. Their email touting their 'great upgrade--you now will get water to keep you hydrated' was silly.  We have purchased the cooler bag that comes with 6 Truly hard seltzers in it for our September sailing--also for $43.99.  Since 6 Truly's purchased individually would cost $56 when you add the gratuity, I don't expect any additional deal will be offered beyond that.    

• Like 2

My brother in law brings his Royal cooler bag on every Royal cruise. They "refill" it for him. It's something like buy 4 get 1 free or something like that. He's been doing this for years. They last did it for him on Oasis in April 2022 and Odyssey in Dec of 2022. There was one bar that said they don't do it anymore so he went to a different bar and they did. 

*this was for beer 

Edited by sunluva

I am going on the Independence next weekend and have my "beer bag" cooler packed.  I bought it last July at Labadee when we were headed back to the ship.  Not sure if any beer deal will be offered as a refill....will let you know in a couple weeks 🙂

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sunluva said:

My brother in law brings his Royal cooler bag on every Royal cruise. They "refill" it for him. It's something like buy 4 get 1 free or something like that. He's been doing this for years. They last did it for him on Oasis in April 2022 and Odyssey in Dec of 2022. There was one bar that said they don't do it anymore so he went to a different bar and they did. 

*this was for beer 

I feel like these are different items. The bag in the planner now is fairly new, and comes filled in the room when you arrive It's kind of bulky so I don't see them filling it- but maybe they do and it's just not mentioned! 

15 hours ago, rockmom said:

I guess I'm extremely skeptical about them offering any sort of discounted 'refill'.  If they took away the measly can of soda and cookies from those with Diamond status and now everyone gets a couple of bottles of water, I don't hold out much hope for catching a break on things, lol.  And I know, not everyone liked the cookies.  But I did like the soda. Their email touting their 'great upgrade--you now will get water to keep you hydrated' was silly.  We have purchased the cooler bag that comes with 6 Truly hard seltzers in it for our September sailing--also for $43.99.  Since 6 Truly's purchased individually would cost $56 when you add the gratuity, I don't expect any additional deal will be offered beyond that.    

Yeah I get that. Hopefully we will both be surprised if they do 🙂

11 hours ago, GaTechCruiser said:

I am going on the Independence next weekend and have my "beer bag" cooler packed.  I bought it last July at Labadee when we were headed back to the ship.  Not sure if any beer deal will be offered as a refill....will let you know in a couple weeks 🙂

Thank you!!!

4 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

I feel like these are different items. The bag in the planner now is fairly new, and comes filled in the room when you arrive It's kind of bulky so I don't see them filling it- but maybe they do and it's just not mentioned! 

As far as I have heard, you can bring back any bag and they will refill it for you. We have ours from 2016 but want to get the new one this time. I think the bag is $10, that is why the refills are cheaper.

15 hours ago, rockmom said:

Dang, for Explorer in March ‘24 the Truly bag is $54.99. Did the price on yours ever move around?

3 hours ago, trajan said:

Dang, for Explorer in March ‘24 the Truly bag is $54.99. Did the price on yours ever move around?

Not sure, because when we looked at it for the first time, it was showing as $43.99 which I knew was a great deal, so we grabbed one.  I have seen severals posts on other social media sites where people say that when they got onboard, they had an 'apology and onboard credit' because the cooler bag deal was 'out of stock'. So we'll see.  I don't drink beer or Truly, but my 21 year old granddaughter likes Truly and also thought the bag would be great to have. She goes to Cal State University in Long Beach--so trips to the beach happen fairly often for her.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hazeleyes46 said:

I just bought it for our September cruise. $43.99 for 6 beers and the bag.

We are talking about two different things.  There is the bag you can currently buy online as a gift with 6 cans in it, and there are the bags that were only sold at bars on the ships at one time that came with the refill special offer. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Yes, it's different.  He bought his years ago at one of the bars. He didn't buy it in the Gifts and Gear section of cruise planner. His cooler bag is different. It doesn't zip. Just has 2 handles.