Request to change a main dinner item.....Speciality dining

gah_cruise

Hi

I imagine that the majority of MDR evening offerings are pre-plated and close to being finished with garnish as orders come in.
In the specialty restaurants is this the same or are they cooked to order?

for example in the Crown Grill the menu has "Grilled Jumbo Prawns in Whiskey, Chili and Garlic Marinade"...would I be able to order this and ask for the chili to be excluded when being prepped and cooked?

1 hour ago, gah_cruise said:

Hi

I imagine that the majority of MDR evening offerings are pre-plated and close to being finished with garnish as orders come in.

for example in the Crown Grill the menu has "Grilled Jumbo Prawns in Whiskey, Chili and Garlic Marinade"...would I be able to order this and ask for the chili to be excluded when being prepped and cooked?

if it is a marinade probably not, my sister can barely eat anything in Sabatinis since they have changed their red sauce to have peppers which she is allergic to...in the MDR if you have dietary issues you can speak with the headwaiter & they will give you the menus for the next day so that they can alter dishes for your needs, we have not had success with that in the specialty dining restaurants. 

• Thanks 1

Agree with @travelin.sisters, if it is a marinade, there is not much you can do about it...unless... you speak the the Assistant Manager the night or two before you go.  They may be able to marinade your shrimp with a dressing....before they place in the chili.  I know I have asked the Assistant Manager in the MDR to serve me the table side pasta dish BEFORE he adds the chili flakes.

• Like 4

That would be my answer too - go speak to the manager a couple of days before your reservation and ask if what you want is possible. If it is not, then you have time to cancel your reservation without penalty, and if it is possible, yay.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gah_cruise said:

Hi

Your imagination is far from reality. Back in the day (pre-COVID), Chef's Table participants were treated to a tour of a working galley before they partook of appetizers and eventually made their way to the actual "Chef's Table".

We were fortunate enough to see the galley in action multiple times. No way are offerings pre-plated. Orders come in, usually from the Junior Waiters and there's an array of sous chefs preparing meals on the fly. There are so many variations people request, pre-plating is not efficient. You can be sure your dinner plate was prepared with you specifically in mind.

• Like 2

Sabatinis can / does make my food without pepper (and I've sadly had to go low sodium) but it takes longer to get the dishes as everything is made just for me. Fortunately pasta doesn't normally have salt & pepper in it. Just wheat, egg, water, and a little salt )so no sodium in my sauce)

@gah_cruise ASK!! Specialty Dining can do it on the fly unlike MDR

18 hours ago, gah_cruise said:

Hi

There is no way to change what has already been marinated but you could probably ask for shrimp with no marinade . As others suggested you would need to request a special marinade ahead of time

• Like 1