Suites lounge Port of Los Angeles San Pedro question

How is the suites lounge there?  Is it comfortable and do they have drinks/snacks? Also, anyone know what time they open?  We have a 10:30 check in time for navigator of the seas, so I assume that means we can be there as early as 9:30?  But I assume they won’t let us onboard until around 11?

Speaking of, what time do all passengers need to be off the ship, what is the latest time slot to disembark?

thank you

The port in San Pedro is not a fancy port. I have sailed from there 4 times and always had the early boarding time and/or The Key.  You line up outside on the sidewalk until the have cleared the ship, then they start letting you into the building--again, not fancy.  The berth that Royal uses has more of a tent-like building (in the photo it's at the top to the right between the cruise ship and the battleship)  Once in, you are directed to the check in counter, then up an escalator (or elevator) at the far end in order to board the ship.  (I've been on as early as 10:20).  While I know there are some sections of chairs, I've never seen anyone in them as the process has always been quick. If there were any snacks or drinks, I never saw them, nor a 'suite lounge'.   

As far as disembarking, they ask everyone to be out of their rooms by 8 am, and off the ship no later that 9:30.   Most of the building is taken up by the areas where they pile up the luggage and the customs and exit doors to get back out to the sidewalk are on the other end of the building--closest to the battleship. Hope that makes sense.  

San Pedro port.jpg

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many many years ago once or twice we used an area up stairs at San Pedro for JS and above...however I haven't seen that or needed that in a long time. Even before the key or designated times the suite line at San Pedro has always been quick and easy for us. Have sailed out of this my home port many times.

Good info from the above poster.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Good info from the above poster.

Ditto to that. I will add that there is NO SUITE LOUNGE in the Navigator terminal. There IS, however, a nice lounge in the other terminal seen in the photo. Smaller ships sail out of that berth.  Also, the last two times we have sailed on the Navigator (2022-23) they did not open the terminal until 10:30. They used to open up at 10, but post COVID this has not been the case for some unknown reason. We sail on her again Aug 4, 2023 so we shall see. 

Edited by HBCcruiser

I was at this terminal in March of this year.  I know this wasn't your question, but this was by far the WORST disembarkation that I have been on since Covid.  The workers there were constantly yelling.  It was so bad I have decided I will not book anything out of this port again unless I have no other choice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Lulu2623 said:

I was at this terminal in March of this year.  I know this wasn't your question, but this was by far the WORST disembarkation that I have been on since Covid.  The workers there were constantly yelling.  It was so bad I have decided I will not book anything out of this port again unless I have no other choice.

I agree. Welcome to LA, my home port.  🙄   LAX is even worse IMO. 😂

Not your question, OP, but flying into Long Beach (LGB) on Southwest is soooooo much nicer than LAX.  Small airport, but a great sitting area outside between the terminals.  20 minute drive to San Pedro dock.

I Uber to a Long Beach hotel, and then Uber to the dock in the morning.