Onboard special dining events koningsdam

cmrvancouver

Scanning through previous threads, it seems that there might of been some special dining events on board and am wondering if anyone travelling on the Koningsdam to Alaska this season has seen or experienced any of the following:

Dinner at the Culinary Arts Center (Deck 2);: Holland America Line's show kitchen transforms into a dining venue at night for the first time on Koningsdam. The room is large and well lit with an open kitchen as its centerpiece, and a combination of tables for two and large tables for groups. You're invited to get up and talk to your fellow diners, which makes for a convivial atmosphere.

The Pinnacle Grill also plays host to the occasional pop-up restaurant, most notably Le Cirque and Jonnie Boer's three-Michelin-starred De Librije, which offers a completely different menu at a much steeper price.

Any information is appreciated. TIA

The Culinary Arts Center is now the Club Orange dining room, so don't think that is going on.

Given many of these special dinners don't happen on 7 day cruises, I wouldn't hold my breath. But a special dinner night in the Pinnacle isn't absolutely out of the question.

How long is your cruise and from where?  On a 7 day, I wouldn’t expect much - especially with all the specialty restaurants 

On a longer cruise, depending on the port you are leaving from, you may have the special Indonesian meal, De Libije or possibly a Cellar Master (they are just coming back).  It all depends on the itinerary and the HD on the ship.

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

How long is your cruise and from where?  On a 7 day, I wouldn’t expect much - especially with all the specialty restaurants 

On a longer cruise, depending on the port you are leaving from, you may have the special Indonesian meal, De Libije or possibly a Cellar Master (they are just coming back).  It all depends on the itinerary and the HD on the ship.

We are cruising for just 7 days. We can always hope....

Just now, cmrvancouver said:

Honestly on a 7 day cruise, most of those are not done if not ever.  Sorry

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cmrvancouver said:

Dinner at the Culinary Arts Center (Deck 2);: Holland America Line's show kitchen transforms into a dining venue at night for the first time on Koningsdam. The room is large and well lit with an open kitchen as its centerpiece, and a combination of tables for two and large tables for groups. You're invited to get up and talk to your fellow diners, which makes for a convivial atmosphere.

The Pinnacle Grill also plays host to the occasional pop-up restaurant, most notably Le Cirque and Jonnie Boer's three-Michelin-starred De Librije, which offers a completely different menu at a much steeper price.

Any information is appreciated. TIA

This quote above is from an old source.  As others noted, The Culinary Arts Center was turned into the Club Orange Dining room well before the shutdown and Le Cirque has been gone for years before then as well. Konningsdam has dedicated Rudy's Sel de Mer, Pinnacle Grill, Tamarind and Canaletto specialty restaurants.

Have fun!

~Nancy

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cmrvancouver said:

My last cruise was 15 days.  No special dinners.  I’d bet my next paycheque there won’t be anything on the 7 day.  I’m assuming you are getting closer to sailing.  If it’s this year,  if there are special dinners they should be showing online under specialty dining.   There are a number of specialty restaurants on the koningsdam.  I don’t think you’ll miss it.

Edited by Florida_gal_50

We have found there are far more dining ‘events’ offered on longer, less port intensive itineraries.  This spring we did a 40+ day New Zealand to Vancouver cruise.  The first 14 days in new Zealand and Australia, there were no ‘events’ but once we departed from Sydney porting a few times, there were many - 2 Cellar masters - one in Pinnacle and one in Canelletto , an Indonesian dinner, the Seafood boil was offered 3 different times, Sunday Brunch in the Pinnacle and main dining room.  

On an 17 day circle Hawai'i last year we had a "Pinnacle Gala" dinner which occurred on one of the gala nights.  Probably the most dressed up we have ever seen a group of passengers, and there was a very New Year's Eve vibe to the event.  There was lots of prepared promo material (posters, menus, etc) which suggests that this is an ongoing, programmable event.

The length of the cruise, combined with the number of sea days was likely the rationale for inclusion.

One of the crew recorded this during the event during our sailing:  

• Like 2

I was on the Koningsdam the first two weeks of June. Each week the SEAFOOD BOIL was offered one evening in the LIDO. The cost was $35 per person and it was not only delicious but plentiful. We started with a seafood chowder, followed by the main course pot loaded with crab, salmon, mussels, shrimp, potatoes and corn in a lovely cream sauce, ending with a fruit crisp with a yummy vanilla ice cream. I would highly recommend this dinner, we thoroughly enjoyed it.

FCDA4260-224A-474E-89FB-7E31AE96BC2C.jpeg

C6CD9CAC-D715-4A29-B63A-871286F145D7.jpeg

225D6584-D3B0-4BC8-99F7-9A9BA7E0225C.jpeg

• Like 2