Yorktown removed from itinerary

Parrottdizes

Has anyone else noticed that Yorktown has been removed from the "Canada New England" itinerary. After all of the publicity about it being a new port for Princess......silence.

I wouldn't have known if I hadn't gotten a refare. My new confirmation arrived on 7-17 and it still showed Yorktown. On 7-18, I went into my Princess personlizer to check to see if I still had all of my OBC and to make sure nothing was missing.........and at that time I saw Norfork in the itinerary instead of Yorktown. Usually when there is a itinerary change Princess sends out a notice; no notice and I checked the junk folder too. 

Wondering what kind of problems came up that caused the change, hmmmmmm docking area not satisfactory or the towns folk threating to pull a Bar Harbour or Key West. I am sure they have their reasons, just would have been nice if they had sent out a notification.  

• Like 2

I think Yorktown would be very stressed to handle a large cruise ship and the volume of passengers tendered to their small dock area. Norfolk will provide tour access to Yorktown in addition to Jamestown and Virginia Beach. Norfolk is a major shipping port where the ship will most likely dock rather than tender. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

Thanks for the article; I am not surprised that some of the townsfolk were against cruise ships going there. 

However, I think Princess could have sent out notice (at least to the people that are booked). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skynight said:

I think Yorktown would be very stressed to handle a large cruise ship and the volume of passengers tendered to their small dock area. Norfolk will provide tour access to Yorktown in addition to Jamestown and Virginia Beach. Norfolk is a major shipping port where the ship will most likely dock rather than tender. 

We have cruised to Norfork before and know what excursions are offered from there. The excursion the spouse wants to do can be done from either Norfork or Yorktown. While missing out on a new port, we are not missing out on what we want to do. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Parrottdizes said:

Thanks for the article; I am not surprised that some of the townsfolk were against cruise ships going there. 

However, I think Princess could have sent out notice (at least to the people that are booked). 

We are sailing that route in fall of 3024 and yes we received an email letting us know of the change 

When I heard of a port stop in Yorktown my DW and I both agreed that "Somebody is not going to like this at all.  We both have been there from land trips and could not see a good reason to stop there and flood the town with all those passengers. 

Edited by Potstech
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, memoak said:

We are sailing that route in fall of 3024 and yes we received an email letting us know of the change 

Wow!  That's some real advance planning going on there...as well as being a bit "optimistic" on SO many levels! 😄

• Haha 1

Update: While I haven't gotten any notice from Princess, my TA sent me a e-mail today that he got with the update. Reason Princess gives for cancelling Yorktown is do to "local government restrictions". Usually Princess sends me a e-mail notice so don't know what happened to it. 

Upside is, they are adding more time in Charleston. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sarnia 432 said:

@Parrottdizes which ship and date are you sailing.  We are booked on the Island sailing June 4th 2024 and our itinerary still shows Yorktown……..

We are going on the Emerald. 

The Emerald holds 3080 passengers and the Island holds 2200 passengers. It could be that only ships under a certain size are going to be allowed to use Yorktown as a port stop. 

19 hours ago, Parrottdizes said:

Update: While I haven't gotten any notice from Princess, my TA sent me a e-mail today that he got with the update. Reason Princess gives for cancelling Yorktown is do to "local government restrictions". Usually Princess sends me a e-mail notice so don't know what happened to it. 

Upside is, they are adding more time in Charleston. 

While it's true that Princess "usually" sends itinerary changes to us directly, that always send it to our travel agent who in turn forwards it to us.  Additionally, she always does this the same day she receives the email.