Freedom Trail Tour App

tring

I have seen this posted on a group I belong to elsewhere. 

https://www.thefreedomtrail.org/tours/freedom-trail-tour-app?fbclid=IwAR20FXss5kAFw8_H_9QHD7kdpqNtg_moj_Ch9FmzmEMXnyAzL_v0KgCDna8

Is it an official Boston thing, or is it just another tour company providing a paid for item.  Either way, I would be interested if anyone has used it, and if so, can I ask if they would recommend it?  Also, once it is downloaded, do you need to be connected to the internet for it to run?

Edited by tring

12 hours ago, mdj59 said:

The National Park Service has a free app. Download it, look under Boston, and you can choose the Freedom Trail (as well as others) under self-guided tours.

Thanks a lot for that, we will look into it.  Much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2023 at 1:50 PM, Cali Viajera said:

I just open the app, look for the self-guided tour and open that. At the bottom of the page it has ‘start audio tour.’ 

does it work if your phone is in airplane mode?

• 2 weeks later...

There also are "Interpreters," people dressed in Colonial garb, at various places along the Trail. I believe the Park Service may do a guided tour also, but have never looked into it. Note that the Old South Meeting House and Old State House charge a fee to enter (you can buy the tickets online, special price for both). I can't remember if the Old North Meeting House does, too. Make sure to stop at Mike's Bakery in the North End! Also, if you're looking for good lobster rolls at a "non-touristy" place, try Pauli's, on Salem St, just after you cross the Rose Kennedy Greenway.

• Thanks 1