Captain's and Senior Officers' Cocktail parties

roving5893

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Or, any rate, those who are healthy and wealthy.

Friends have health issues, but this doesn’t stop them from sailing Cunard.

One has to also be wealthy to sail Cunard?  Don’t agree.

Too many qualified passengers at the various levels seems like a good problem for Cunard to have.

Add more gatherings as demand warrants.

Why take anything away?

I would hate to lose status FWIW because Cunard itineraries didn’t suit my interests for a few years or be told that sailing on QE2, Sagafjord, Cunard Princess, et al no longer meant anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

New levels above Diamond?  - 150 nights
just a thought……

Red - up to 24 nights - current Silver benefits

Silver - 25 nights

Gold - 50 nights

Platinum- 100 nights 

Diamond - 150 nights 

Next Level above Diamond - Countess - 250 nights

Above - Carinthia - 350 nights 

Then - Caronia - 500 nights - Receiving the current full Diamond benefits, with a stretched sliding scale (downwards) to Silver level benefits 

Nice,,,,,,But Can Do A Bit Better......some thought....

4 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

New levels above Diamond?  - 150 nights
just a thought……

Red - up to 24 nights - current Silver benefits

Silver - 25 nights

Gold - 50 nights

Platinum- 100 nights 

Diamond - 150 nights 

Next Level above Diamond - Countess - 250 nights

Above - Carinthia - 350 nights 

Then - Caronia - 500 nights - Receiving the current full Diamond benefits, with a stretched sliding scale (downwards) to Silver level benefits 

The current Diamond benefits are pretty mediocre so I wouldn’t take them away - just add some better benefits for the higher tiers.

I also think they should look at how you earn status - I’ve commented on this before, if you book lots of short cruises in inside cabins , you could get to Diamond status, while someone who booked longer trips in QG could only be silver for the same spend.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NE John said:

That move will really thin out the crowd! 
But WC should have a ratio of both nights sailed and frequency between bookings to reward truly loyal pax. 

Beg to differ.......

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Beg to differ.......

I understand where you’re coming from - If the stated above goal is to thin out WC party sizes, then making some changes are viable options. I believe the one year “no activity” window is too strict but a WC reset after 10 years with no voyages is reasonable. After eight years, the traveller gets communication stating that they must take a trip or lose benefits. Airlines have similar policies. 

42 minutes ago, Se1lad said:

The current Diamond benefits are pretty mediocre so I wouldn’t take them away - just add some better benefits for the higher tiers.

Would appreciate better benefits upgraded.

But gaining level status, should not be too easy. DW and I enjoyed our trips and happy adding them to the count.

Reward now Priority Boarding while wishing those on the longer line good sailing and one day being on the shorter line as we gained. 

We have no problem enjoying and participating in group activities part of the level ex. wine tasting....DW appreciate Laundry benefit.............

1 hour ago, Se1lad said:

I also think they should look at how you earn status - I’ve commented on this before, if you book lots of short cruises in inside cabins , you could get to Diamond status, while someone who booked longer trips in QG could only be silver for the same spend.

That’s why one suggested nights, not cruises.

10 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Also consider “bonus nights” for the grade of Stateroom booked and total of onboard spend.

Totally disagree CWC is a loyalty club and are just as loyal whatever grade of cabin booked. Loyalty is not about how much you spend, somebody that has done 150 nts in an inside cabin is just as loyal to Cunard as somebody has done 150 nts in a suite. It might cost more money and that's their choice but doesn't make them more loyal.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Totally disagree CWC is a loyalty club and are just as loyal whatever grade of cabin booked. Loyalty is not about how much you spend, somebody that has done 150 nts in an inside cabin is just as loyal to Cunard as somebody has done 150 nts in a suite. It might cost more money and that's their choice but doesn't make them more loyal.

Points in line with spend, would most definitely benefit us 🙂 but in reality, I agree with nights spent onboard to show loyalty, but just my opinion, I don’t think number of trips should count as fifteen times three nighters, would qualify for Diamond as would fifteen trips of fourteen nights. Then 'spend' or lack of it, would have an influence.

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

Points in line with spend, would most definitely benefit us 🙂 but in reality, I agree with nights spent onboard to show loyalty, but just my opinion, I don’t think number of trips should count as fifteen times three nighters, would qualify for Diamond as would fifteen trips of fourteen nights. Then 'spend' or lack of it, would have an influence.

I thought there was a minimum length for a cruise (5 or 6 days?) to count toward World Club status. Unfortunately, I can't find anything about WC tiers on the US site, and the UK site does not mention a minimum cruise length. I think the little 3-nighters could count for days, but they shouldn't count toward the 15 voyages.

38 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I thought there was a minimum length for a cruise (5 or 6 days?) to count toward World Club status. Unfortunately, I can't find anything about WC tiers on the US site, and the UK site does not mention a minimum cruise length. I think the little 3-nighters could count for days, but they shouldn't count toward the 15 voyages.

Could be one is thinking about minimum days for Shareholder Benefit OBC.

If a two or three nighter etc is sold separately, then one believes it’s considered a Voyage

2 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Of course, eleven trips of fourteen nights would qualify for Diamond by dint of nights spent onboard. I think one would get the drift though. Nights spent onboard rather than number of trips would be a fair criteria to use.

I’ve commented on this before and I’m still surprised that Carnival don’t improve the loyalty program. If they wanted to they could make it really good AND profitable. I dare say 99% of passengers are not going to “chase” status in order to get a couple of glasses of bubbly and a pin, however I’m sure they would if they could get on board discounts, upgrades, parking, bus travel and ultimately free nights. Branded credit cards could be explored and move to an airline type of scheme which actually benefits both sides. 

Interesting opportunities everyone has on the take of CWC, Loyalties, Tiers.........

From the first time we sailed with Cunard at Midnight on the QE2 to the Caribbean in a Oceanview Cabin for 10 days, is when we started our personal account of days and voyages we sailed.

And each time we booked voyages, one after the other after the other, we booked the sailings to enjoy and not how it would impact our CWC level. And were surprised and happy when we happen to reach the next level. And yes, see now we can experience more added benefits.

We appreciate our CWC level benefits and how we can use them during a sailing. So we are LOYAL but we are also are a Cunarder and always look forward to sailing on the Majestic Queen and maybe other vessels. 

No matter what the next level is, we would appreciate the what would be offered to us.

Not sure if it helps us to be bumped upgrade to another accommodation but seeing that open view of the ocean and landing on another part of this planet by water and not by flying is a real joy.

• Like 1

I've been sailing with Cunard since 1988. Back then all we got was a pin--very pretty gold lion on a blue background. I don't even remember if it was called World Club, and if there were levels, we were too lowly to know about it. 

Then there were levels--bronze, silver, gold. I think gold was 7 voyages. Whatever it was, when they set the levels, we were already at gold. I don't remember WC parties from then, but there may have been. I do remember that gold got a bottle of Dom for sailaway. I think Silver got Perrier Jouet or Veuve. I remember we took a cruise with my parents, who were only Silver, and we enjoyed comparing our champers.

Over the years, the levels and pins and perks changed, but we always had enough voyages and days to sit in the top level. 

My goal is to have 365 days on Cunard. I'm getting close. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I've been sailing with Cunard since 1988. Back then all we got was a pin--very pretty gold lion on a blue background. I don't even remember if it was called World Club, and if there were levels, we were too lowly to know about it. 

Then there were levels--bronze, silver, gold. I think gold was 7 voyages. Whatever it was, when they set the levels, we were already at gold. I don't remember WC parties from then, but there may have been. I do remember that gold got a bottle of Dom for sailaway. I think Silver got Perrier Jouet or Veuve. I remember we took a cruise with my parents, who were only Silver, and we enjoyed comparing our champers.

Over the years, the levels and pins and perks changed, but we always had enough voyages and days to sit in the top level. 

My goal is to have 365 days on Cunard. I'm getting close. 

Kathy,

I remember the Old Days too with the collection of pins we were going. And we still have them as keepsakes.

One of the pins we received from Senior Captain Warwick was a Gold Sailor's Knot w Cunard printed in Red. We were the only one's that receive them on that trip and still have a picture of Captain Warwick presenting them to us.  

And yes, the WC Cocktail parties were much more less crowded and you could find seats in the QE2's Queens Room w those fluffy sink in brown leather chairs. The next day we got personalized invites to the Senior Officers Party in the Officer's Ward Room. 

The levels were more basic named. Don't remember when these names were established being used now. But with consistent sailing of 13+ days, the levels rose.

Those were the Day's....

55 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Kathy,

I remember the Old Days too with the collection of pins we were going. And we still have them as keepsakes.

One of the pins we received from Senior Captain Warwick was a Gold Sailor's Knot w Cunard printed in Red. We were the only one's that receive them on that trip and still have a picture of Captain Warwick presenting them to us.  

And yes, the WC Cocktail parties were much more less crowded and you could find seats in the QE2's Queens Room w those fluffy sink in brown leather chairs. The next day we got personalized invites to the Senior Officers Party in the Officer's Ward Room. 

The levels were more basic named. Don't remember when these names were established being used now. But with consistent sailing of 13+ days, the levels rose.

Those were the Day's....

The current flag pins look cheap. I think the nicest pins were the crests. I have a Platinum one (yes, it's real platinum, don't tell me it isn't!!!), and the even nicer Diamond pin, which is black with a diamond on it. (Do not tell me it isn't a real diamond. 😜)

Mom gave me her collection of blue and gold pins and I dumped out mine, and I managed to make two matching pairs. I had cufflinks made for DH and earrings for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

The current flag pins look cheap. I think the nicest pins were the crests. I have a Platinum one (yes, it's real platinum, don't tell me it isn't!!!), and the even nicer Diamond pin, which is black with a diamond on it. (Do not tell me it isn't a real diamond. 😜)

Mom gave me her collection of blue and gold pins and I dumped out mine, and I managed to make two matching pairs. I had cufflinks made for DH and earrings for me. 

Kathy,

Yes the high end pins are really nice. I inherited my parents pins and very careful with them.

I even got better jewelers backings to attach securely when wearing during a voyage.

I like the original Black Round Pin w Gold Lion Inlay we got on the QE2 in the Felt Pouch.

In also have lots of the old QE2 Themed Menu Covers. We have 2 large drawers w Cunard memorable artifacts.