Help with Cancellation or Transfer

escrick

I was looking forward to our first Cunard cruise in September,  but was told by a doctor yesterday that, because of a health issue,  my DH and I have to cancel it.  I believe we can have at least a 50% refund for our Queen’s Grill suite, but am not sure about the insurance help.   Does anyone have experience with this kind of disappointment?

We have a deposit on a QM2 cruise next June.  Surgery will be well over by then, I hope.

Look at Cunard T&Cs to find out how much you pay depending on exactly how many days notice.

Any good insurance should pay the rest minus excess. You will have to get doctors note which you will have to pay for.

Alternatively ask Cunard if you can move money to your future cruise 

Edited by Windsurfboy

14 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Look at Cunard T&Cs to find out how much you pay depending on exactly how many days notice.

Any good insurance should pay the rest minus excess. You will have to get doctors note which you will have to pay for.

Alternatively ask Cunard if you can move money to your future cruise 

Thanks.   My travel agent said it was not possible to transfer our money to the June cruise.  I wonder if having an agent messes up the process.

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

I think it has to be a new booking of equal or greater value.

We will be in a QM2 Penthouse, so it is more expensive.  I appreciate you pointing this out.  I may phone Cunard myself instead of relying on travel agent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unclear what country the OP is in.  This can make all the difference in how things get handled.  My US TA recently informed me that Cunard no longer allows funds to be transferred between voyages. 

(As far as I can tell, this makes no business sense, as the funds are returned to the passenger instead of being retained by Carnival Corp.  I like to say "I'm glad I'm not a stockholder" when I hear about practices like this, but in this case the statement would be untrue.)