It’s A Crystal Family Affair – Return To Crystal & Crystal Serenity

Keith1010

So happy that you and Anne Marie had an uneventful crossing, the best way.

We depart tomorrow night on British Air and then transfer over to terminal 3 for our flight to Marseille on Sunday.

Question Keith:  in London, did you clear immigration/customs there?

How was the lounge in Terminal 3, if you flew from there?

See you both on Monday on the ship.

😄

Pat and Ray

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SnoBirdCruiser said:

We depart tomorrow night on British Air and then transfer over to terminal 3 for our flight to Marseille on Sunday.

If you are booked on a single ticket (so that your bags are checked through) then all you'll stay "airside" and all you see in London is a security check.  Follow the purple signs for "flight connections".  Immigration and customs will be in France.

If you are on separate tickets then BA will not check your bags through, in which case you would need to clear the UK border, collect bags, change terminals via train, drop bags and then clear security.  Then you'll do Schengen immigration and customs in France (So I hope it is one ticket!)

Small detail.  British Airways.  British Air is what we breath.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SnoBirdCruiser said:

😄

Pat and Ray

Pat and Ray:

We went through security there. No longer a need for a landing card. Terminal 3 lounge great. Very quiet. Sat all the way in the back.

To get from Terminal 5 to 3 we took a airport bus.

You'll see your luggage in Marseille.

Keith

So excited for all of you traveling to Marseille to join Serenity! Our dream is now almost a reality…Crystal sailing again…enjoy every moment. Just can’t wait for our turn in November:-)

Bon Voyage to all!! 

hello keith,

i decided that i would give you my email address so you can answer some of my questions privately and not on cruise ciritic.  is that good for you?  here is my email address:   dir44@msn.com  and i live in scottsdale, az.

thanks

23 minutes ago, sppunk said:

So happy for you Keith - you willed this return!

Will you by chance be blogging this trip on your site? Always enjoyed reading those posts.   

I'm not Keith, but he is blogging on his previous site.  I'll let him post the details!

~Nancy

7 hours ago, crickette said:

Keith Would you comment on masking please?  Both on the plane, in the airports, and what you have seen of Europe.  TIA

In general very few people had masks on.  At our home airport maybe we saw a couple of people and the airport was packed. We normally take early morning flights and this one was early evening and got there very early. Lounge was wall to wall people.  On the flight no one that could see had a mask.  In BA LHR lounge a couple of people.  We wore masks the entire time because of Anne Marie's situation as we still do at home other than eating.  Our driver to the hotel was very nice and a couple of minutes into the drive asked about the masks and if we wanted him to put one on.  

Haven't walked around yet but will see what people are doing here but my guess is very few masks.

Keith 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, USC Adventurer said:

hello keith,

i decided that i would give you my email address so you can answer some of my questions privately and not on cruise ciritic.  is that good for you?  here is my email address:   dir44@msn.com  and i live in scottsdale, az.

thanks

I received your e-mail and wrote you back.  I am so glad you wrote.

Keith 

3 hours ago, sppunk said:

So happy for you Keith - you willed this return!

Will you by chance be blogging this trip on your site? Always enjoyed reading those posts.   

Thank you so much and the site is up and active.

Keith

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SnoBirdCruiser said:

😄

Pat and Ray

Pat, the person at the Lounge desk knew the gate location for the flight out of LHR to Marseille about 15 minutes before it was put-on the flight monitor.  That was about 1 hour before flight time.  We walked about 10 minutes to the gate. This will vary based on the gate they use.

Safe travels to you and Ray.

Keith

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

Pat, the person at the Lounge desk knew the gate location for the flight out of LHR to Marseille about 15 minutes before it was put-on the flight monitor.  That was about 1 hour before flight time.  We walked about 10 minutes to the gate. This will vary based on the gate they use.

Safe travels to you and Ray.

Keith

Thank you Keith, I just finished doing our Boarding Passes for London as well as Marseille.

We are at the Sofitel Hotel, we usually stay at the Intercontinental.

Time to get some sleep, it is going to be a long day/

Pat

Greetings a a good morning to most of you.

It was good to get some sleep. For me I was up late at 5:50 AM local time but I guess that would be the night before if I was still back home. LOL.

We asked for a simple breakfast of cereal, banana and coffee but this is France and was accompanied with a basket of croissants, pastry and bread/rolls and some additional fruit.

IMG_2164.thumb.jpeg.1e33c467eadac488e33a13d225893c6a.jpeg

I just go got back from walking around the nearby area.  Marseille is the second largest city in France.  I walked along the promenade (my name for it) by the water.  Lots of ships by the water and across the way lots of cafes.

We are fortunate that in F the weather has and will be in the 80's versus triple digit highs (F) a few weeks ago.

I'll go back out again with Anne Marie shortly.

I always enjoy the French architecture.  We met at University in Washington, DC and I worked for many years in the city and we lived in the suburbs.  The city has many buildings with the influence of the French as it does its circles thanks to the man who designed the city;  Pierre Charles L'Enfant

Acclamations (Cheers)

Keith

Pierre Charles L'Enfant

IMG_21732(2).thumb.jpeg.71da06fabfbedc5ac4345fa71acbca06.jpeg

IMG_21712(1).thumb.jpeg.a816b8b3b56565a1f6d9f01d570bad67.jpeg

IMG_21772.thumb.jpeg.2aa7609372c440708f1da4a081f7ac33.jpeg

IMG_21792.thumb.jpeg.8f0dbbc44ea21f850ad9500e8e0c8dc2.jpeg

IMG_21682.thumb.jpeg.92f67c1f17011cd6407ee2c95236f6e4.jpeg

IMG_21802.thumb.jpeg.2b968c9d487e5d2acd0a0bdec29893f9.jpeg

IMG_21812.thumb.jpeg.95a1d0ceb2787001b254ccd0e87d816f.jpeg

IMG_21672.thumb.jpeg.ef42bf0cf14edb77f007ad1373c2bb6a.jpeg

IMG_2172 2.jpeg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, USC Adventurer said:

The pictures of marseille are beautiful and that breakfast is amazing!  I did not receive an email from you today. Maybe try sending again

david

scottsdale

David, please check your spam folder. The subject is New Entry Contact Form.

Keith

15 hours ago, crickette said:

Keith Would you comment on masking please?  Both on the plane, in the airports, and what you have seen of Europe.  TIA

Update on this. I would say almost no one wears a mask as we see at home.

We did.

Had lunch outside which was lovely.

Keith