Advice from Haifa Cruise Port to TLV airport?

mewho411

I am traveling on Rhapsody Haifa Israel, in Sept and i need to get to the airport immediately after i disembark.  I am looking for the least hassel and quickest way as my flight takes off at 11:30a and we disembark at 7am.   Yes i have luggage too i have to be concerned with.  What's the most economical but quickest to be at airport by 9:45am latest?

advices?   

Thanks in advance.

We took the train to Ben Gurion airport in May.  The train was really comfortable and easy to get to from the port.  It is a different experience disembarking in Haifa.  Lots of walking up hills with your luggage, we did it with no issues, but some folks were having problems. The train took 1-1/2 hours and it was $7.00.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

The folks in the Roll Call thread for your sailing may have some ideas and well as on the socials. @dani negreanu may also have some advice.

It is highly recommended to arrive [at least] 3 hours before departure at Ben Gurion airport.....

"The security queues at Ben Gurion Airport vary in duration during peak and quiet hours. All passengers are advised to arrive three hours before departure"

1 hour ago, mewho411 said:

I am traveling on Rhapsody Haifa Israel, in Sept and i need to get to the airport immediately after i disembark.  I am looking for the least hassel and quickest way as my flight takes off at 11:30a and we disembark at 7am.   Yes i have luggage too i have to be concerned with.  What's the most economical but quickest to be at airport by 9:45am latest?

advices?   

Thanks in advance.

Too close, actually dh says impossible.  Lots of security before even checking in at counter.

2 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We took the train to Ben Gurion airport in May.  The train was really comfortable and easy to get to from the port.  It is a different experience disembarking in Haifa.  Lots of walking up hills with your luggage, we did it with no issues, but some folks were having problems. The train took 1-1/2 hours and it was $7.00.

Maybe take a cab to the train? Is it a straight shot from train to airport. How complicated was disembark process? 

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

It is highly recommended to arrive [at least] 3 hours before departure at Ben Gurion airport.....

"The security queues at Ben Gurion Airport vary in duration during peak and quiet hours. All passengers are advised to arrive three hours before departure"

As soon as ship allows me off I plan to boogie.  They were told my flight time and I plan to get in line for disembarking by 6a if not earlier to ensure I’m off as soon as possible (fingers crossed)

19 minutes ago, mewho411 said:

Maybe take a cab to the train? Is it a straight shot from train to airport. How complicated was disembark process? 

You can just walk to the train which would be a lot faster than taking any sort of taxi.  Disembark is a lot of walking.  We have cruised 50+ times and never experienced so much walking.  We only do stairs on our cruises.

1 hour ago, mewho411 said:

As soon as ship allows me off I plan to boogie.  They were told my flight time and I plan to get in line for disembarking by 6a if not earlier to ensure I’m off as soon as possible (fingers crossed)

Do you understand that it's more than an hour car trip from port to Ben Gurion airport?  Before you get to airline counter to check your luggage Israeli security scans all the luggage and I recall them checking my passport,  then go to airline counter to check luggage.   Then you go to security line that you are familiar with, then head to gate.  An 11:30 flight is cutting it close.  I also assume that there might be some customs or immigration at the port, which takes time.

I concur with the other posters. Making a 11:30 flight out of Tel Aviv airport after disembarking in Haifa is impossible.

Trying to do the math:

1. Looking at my papers from the Rhapsody cruise last Summer, earliest luggage tag was for 7:15. Self assisted was 6:45, but Haifa port is about the last place recommend  do self assist; there is a *lot* of walking involved with the temporary terminal (like seriously, a lot). September is still hot, even in early a.m doing this with luggage in tow is the opposite of least Hassel.

2. You need to go through border control in person. All in all, disembarkation would take at least 40 minutes I think. If everything went well, you are in the port gates at around 8:00.

3. The train station is very close, but it'll take time to clear security there, buy your tickets, etc. You might be lucky and catch the 8:01, but more likely will wait for the 8:52 direct - arriving at the airport 10:20 (though schedules change, so check closer to the date). You might just manage to see the check in desk for your flight closing down!

Eat whatever change fees and move to a later flight.