Transpacific Vancouver to Yokohama via Alaska in September -what to pack?

Just trying to get a sense of what the likely weather and overall clothes needed. I live in the Pacific NW of the US, so starting and ending I have a pretty good idea, but I don't know how cold I should be prepared to be during the cruise. I run warm, and don't mind rain, but am concerned I might not pack enough sweaters and so on given what I'm used to here in Oregon in September. Or am I worried for nothing? Any thoughts welcome.

We did a Celebrity cruise from Vancouver to Yokohama with a stop in Sitka in early Sept 2019. It was sunny and warm in Sitka so we had our shorts on. Onboard we wore our shorts during the day as well. Once we arrived in Otaru, Hakodate and Yokohama we still had our shorts on with a light jacket. I had packed capris, jeans, and light jacket. Keep checking the weather to see what those temps will be. Enjoy your trip…we loved Japan and look forward to returning.

• Like 1

We sailed Vancouver to Yokohoma SEPT/OCT 2018...

We had some gorgeous days...

I wore short sleeves, capris & sandals in Seward...

Our cold weather, warm weather & rain clothes all came in handy!!!

Many on the cruise had winter coats, gloves, scarves & hats...
We layer w/ longies as needed - no winter coats for us - rain proof shell w/ fleece & layering
Just looked through pictures - and it appears on land I mostly wore capris & sandals, maybe w/ a fleece or jacket - but my toes must be free...

Also of note - we headed to Russia from here - of course that's off the table now - so I believe we took a more northern route than you will.

We also hit a typhoon along the way 🙂 

Have an amazing time!

We're thinking of booking Japan to Seward in the Spring...

Edited by Von & John
  • Like 1

I would take my usually around home outdoor clothes plus a tech fabric base layer ; top and bottom.  Im from Seattle and your weather will be more likely wet than truly cold.  

I am planning this trip in reverse, a week in Kyoto and a TransP to return to Vancouver in April

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...