Confused About Princess Plus Package

Tiggipaws

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I know we don't name TA's here, but how expert are they with Princess.  You have a community of experts here who will get you the correct info.  Sure, the odd post may be outdated or whatever, but once you see a few of us chime in, you can take it as gospel pretty much.

My TA got her information from clients that just got off the Sapphire (ship we are sailing on next month) and they had to pay the difference for all drinks over $12.  

3 hours ago, seeyouinthesun said:

The execution of the "new and old" packages is horrendous. In some cases people with the old package are limited to what they bought at the time, and other cases it doesn't matter. I had the old package, called my Princess rep to get the new package and she quoted me a price that was lower than what I originally paid for the old package, so I was happy. 

All this confusion over new and old packages continues and now, we are hearing there are even more changes coming. Supposedly the announcement will be this Thursday, July 27. I'm cringing!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, CruznTheWorld said:

My TA is great, she got her information from clients that just got off the Sapphire (ship we are sailing on next month) and they had to pay the difference for all drinks over $12.  

I board Ruby on Wednesday.  I'll let everyone know what my experience is.  I have a feeling that YMMV.

Frederick

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CruznTheWorld said:

My TA got her information from clients that just got off the Sapphire (ship we are sailing on next month) and they had to pay the difference for all drinks over $12.  

I would have immediately asked to speak with the Beverage Manager and gotten this taken care of. Way back with the old drink package -long before Plus - we had it comped and there were bartenders who didn't know what they were doing and wanted to charge my wife for something. I asked to speak with the Beverage Manager. I pointed out to him the actual wording by Princess. He agreed that it was an issue and within 30 minutes every bar on the ship had a memo telling them how the package worked. I didn't get angry or upset - I just spoke calmly with him and showed him the Princess verbiage. No problem. There is no way in heck I would have let them charge me for drinks over $12.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, CruznTheWorld said:

It's a shame on whoever on the ship was charging them, but shame on the guests for not speaking up for themselves and for what they were entitled to.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It's a shame on whoever on the ship was charging them, but shame on the guests for not speaking up for themselves and for what they were entitled to.

Just pull up the definition of plus package on the website it says $15

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Just pull up the definition of plus package on the website it says $15

I doubt this is going away. People look at the app and, naturally, believe what it says. Then they search the Internet and find a ton of inaccurate information but... "I read it on the Internet so it must be true!"

Princess doesn't help with their stupid way of naming different things with the same "general" name. Sometimes I think that the "marketing puppet master" John Padgett delights in confusing new people. Not everybody has tons of time (like retired people have) to read a zillion posts and determine what is "real" and what "appears" to be real. I sometimes get irritated with the people who ask the same questions over and over but, in reality, it's most likely the fault of JP and Princess for being so unclear on their naming of packages and their clarity of what is actually being offered - especially when they change the terms but keep the same name for their packages.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

Hi. Thanks for all the replies. I think the attachment proves Thrak right. It also says on the Princess website that cruises sailing before 19th February 2023 it is $12. Sorry it is upside down it was saved the correct way up

Princess Cruise Drinks Package.jpg

8 hours ago, Tiggipaws said:

Hi. Thanks for all the replies. I think the attachment proves Thrak right. It also says on the Princess website that cruises sailing before 19th February 2023 it is $12. Sorry it is upside down it was saved the correct way up

Yes, it's a fairly recent change. We cruised twice last year and on both occasions had the $12 limit. Princess was (for once) pretty clear about when the change would go into effect. They had no way to deal with some folks with the "old Plus" package having lower limits than the folks with the "new Plus" package so the obvious solution was to simply apply the new higher limit to all packages. It would have been a nightmare for the crew otherwise.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CruznTheWorld said:

My TA is great, she got her information from clients that just got off the Sapphire (ship we are sailing on next month) and they had to pay the difference for all drinks over $12.  

I’d like to see the bill.

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2023 at 8:38 AM, Steelers36 said:

Sorry to have to correct you, but good news for the OP because the drink price 

That's good news for OP. Happy to be corrected. 

On 7/24/2023 at 7:00 PM, Thrak said:

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Inigo Montoya The Princess Bride

"Inconceivable" is the word said by Vizzini in The Princess Bride. Good movie. Maybe that could be a new ship name "Princess Bride". 

FYI, we're currently aboard Ruby Princess. We have the "old" Plus package and we have ordered several $15 drinks and have not been charged the difference. When we ordered an $18 drink, we did. Of course, YMMV.

On 7/24/2023 at 8:24 PM, CruznTheWorld said:

SMH......numerous people that have sailed on various Princess ships recently, including us that were on the Majestic for 14 days, paid 40 pppd for the Plus package and drank anything we wanted including all drinks at Good Spirits up to a value of $15.00.   If you think that your TA, who is sitting behind a computer & possibly has never sailed Princess and is relying on second hand information is more correct than multitudes of posters that have said $15.00 dollar drinks are covered, then you deserve to have to pay the difference.

On 7/25/2023 at 3:56 AM, Tiggipaws said:

Princess Cruise Drinks Package.jpg

I just assumed that you sent this from Australia.

• Haha 3