the GM on Vista now?

RJB

I would like to know what a GM is? General Manager? On a ship, that is the Hotel Manager. Or are you looking for the CD (cruise director)?

If you find out, I would love to know too.

15 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

I would like to know what a GM is? General Manager? On a ship, that is the Hotel Manager. Or are you looking for the CD (cruise director)?

If you find out, I would love to know too.

GM means General Manager, and it's a term that has replaced Hotel Director on many cruise lines because other lower level personnel such as the Cruise Director can also have the word "director" in their job title. By changing the Hotel Director's title to General Manager it clarified that other jobs such as CD are of lower level and report to the GM.

19 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

GM means General Manager, and it's a term that has replaced Hotel Director on many cruise lines because other lower level personnel such as the Cruise Director can also have the word "director" in their job title. By changing the Hotel Director's title to General Manager it clarified that other jobs such as CD are of lower level and report to the GM.

Interesting. Is this common on Oceania? After 31 cruises I have never heard it before on any ship (Celebrity, Viking Ocean, Azamara, RCL, HAL). 

21 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

Interesting. Is this common on Oceania? After 31 cruises I have never heard it before on any ship (Celebrity, Viking Ocean, Azamara, RCL, HAL). 

They used to  list the Officers in the Currents   on the first day   maybe they do not do this  now

this from the Preismans blog    as example

https://www.thepreismans.com/bermuda_regatta_dailies.htm#day1

34 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

They used to  list the Officers in the Currents   on the first day   maybe they do not do this  now

this from the Preismans blog    as example

https://www.thepreismans.com/bermuda_regatta_dailies.htm#day1

I see. It's funny you would quote Mike's blog. Mike is one of my two best friends in the world and we are sailing on Vista together from Montreal to Miami in October.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrKoob said:

I see. It's funny you would quote Mike's blog. Mike is one of my two best friends in the world and we are sailing on Vista together from Montreal to Miami in October.

Mike is my  go to guy for photos   of the ships

See you onboard 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Mike is my  go to guy for photos   of the ships

See you onboard 😉

Are you on our Montreal/Miami cruise? How about that. Look forward to meeting you.You can tell Mike how much you like his pics.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, DrKoob said:

Oceania has used the General Manager title for years. Corporate sibling NCL adopted it a few years ago after Oceania became part of NCLH 

18 hours ago, CoolChile said:

Dominique left after the Founder's cruise. Damien Lacroix took over as GM on the one following, Ancient Adriatics.  But who knows who's who in the zoo going forward.

Thanks,  Damien about the best there is.  Have sailed with him many times and he runs a great ship