Oasis Ocean Balcony beds

Can someone explain to me how the pullman beds in the ocean balcony rooms work? Are there 2 or just 1? I am trying to figure out why when I put 4 in a room is gives me rooms with pullmans and when I put 3 it gives me a pull out couch. Can you not fit 2 on the couch? Why are those considered 3 person rooms? If there are 2 pullmans in those rooms, I assume one is over the couch, where is the other? Or do they expect person 4 to sleep on a non-pulled out couch?

7 minutes ago, Miloomar said:

Can someone explain to me how the pullman beds in the ocean balcony rooms work? Are there 2 or just 1? I am trying to figure out why when I put 4 in a room is gives me rooms with pullmans and when I put 3 it gives me a pull out couch. Can you not fit 2 on the couch? Why are those considered 3 person rooms? If there are 2 pullmans in those rooms, I assume one is over the couch, where is the other? Or do they expect person 4 to sleep on a non-pulled out couch?

On Oasis the only balcony rooms thst have Pullman are the ones thst sleep 5 guest.  All rooms that sleep 3 or 4 have a sofa or sofa bed. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

On Oasis the only balcony rooms thst have Pullman are the ones thst sleep 5 guest. All rooms that sleep 3 or 4 have a sofa or sofa bed.

image.png.600d68ba9666ab2dd1092a92b6ca5eac.pngimage.png.43c0e4eda0ece645738eb4ed02af1583.png

So... are you saying that 8300 is a non-pullout couch and 8304 is a pullout? Or is there a reason why one is 3 and one is 4? 

image.png.9305411eadcf8c4e7389c9e8431f2630.pngimage.png.f48a4cfa059dd9764b7a5081f432bae7.png

2 different travel agency websites claim the * rooms as having a pullman

5 minutes ago, Miloomar said:

image.png.600d68ba9666ab2dd1092a92b6ca5eac.pngimage.png.43c0e4eda0ece645738eb4ed02af1583.png

So... are you saying that 8300 is a non-pullout couch and 8304 is a pullout? Or is there a reason why one is 3 and one is 4? 

image.png.9305411eadcf8c4e7389c9e8431f2630.pngimage.png.f48a4cfa059dd9764b7a5081f432bae7.png

2 different travel agency websites claim the * rooms as having a pullman

Those references to types of beddinga are 3  years-old and are no longer used.  The symbols only refer to how many people are in the stateroom.

The asterisk denotes up to 4 and will have a sofa-bed...pulls out sleeps 2.

The triangle will have a sofa that gets made up as a bed and sleeps 2 

8300 sofa-bed

8394 sofa 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Those references to types of beddinga are 3  years-old and are no longer used.  The symbols only refer to how many people are in the stateroom.

The asterisk denotes up to 4 and will have a sofa-bed...pulls out sleeps 2.

The triangle will have a sofa that gets made up as a bed and sleeps 2 

8300 sofa-bed

8394 sofa 

So wait now you have me confused- whats the difference between a sofa that sleeps two and a sofa bed that sleeps two? Do you mean the sofa bed is like a trundle that slides out of the bottom?  Because I know that the rooms for 3 have a couch that folds down into a pretty nice sized bed, as thats what we have gotten in  the past (and coming up again) on oasis. 

2 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

So wait now you have me confused- whats the difference between a sofa that sleeps two and a sofa bed that sleeps two? Do you mean the sofa bed is like a trundle that slides out of the bottom?  Because I know that the rooms for 3 have a couch that folds down into a pretty nice sized bed, as thats what we have gotten in  the past (and coming up again) on oasis. 

There was a typo in my post.  The sofa sleeps 1 and that is found in a cabin for 3.  The sofa-bed sleeps 2 and is found in a cabin that sleeps 4.

Many times when you book for 3 you are actually in a room that will hold 4 so you do get the foldout sofa-bed but there are some rooms that it's just the sofa. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 7:52 AM, orville99 said:

Not sure if it is relevant, but we just got of of Wonder, and the balcony cabin next to ours had both a sofa made up as a bed and a pullman.

Those rooms have a little 5+ symbol