Ovation-Update on the Restaurant

texanaust

21 hours ago, texanaust said:

We had dinner with the HD director last night who is new to Seabourn.  He said corporate dictates when the MDR is open and on 7 night cruises they order it closed for lunch and dinner.  On 14 night cruises it is opened.  So if one books a 14 nighter that is subsequently sold as two 7 night cruises...well you are out of luck.   

What ship are you on? We are on Ovation on a B2B 7 day and 14 day cruise and on the 7 day segment MDR was open for breakfast & dinner every day except embark & debark day and open for lunch on sea days. My assumption is The decision to open or close is based on pax count and local ship conditions not a fixed rule across all ships and itineraries.

21 hours ago, texanaust said:

We had dinner with the HD director last night who is new to Seabourn.  He said corporate dictates when the MDR is open and on 7 night cruises they order it closed for lunch and dinner.  On 14 night cruises it is opened.  So if one books a 14 nighter that is subsequently sold as two 7 night cruises...well you are out of luck.   

Soooo, what then should we expect on Odyssey when we board next week?  The sailing was sold as either a 14 day RT from Vancouver or two 7 day segments north and southbound.

Actually, I know what to expect as I’ve been monitoring menus in Source.  We have to expect a closed restaurant on port days, though breakfast does seem to be served daily (I’ll post to confirm once onboard).  The Patio is going to be very repetitive for lunch but if that’s the only served option…

1 hour ago, jondfk said:

Soooo, what then should we expect on Odyssey when we board next week?  The sailing was sold as either a 14 day RT from Vancouver or two 7 day segments north and southbound.

Actually, I know what to expect as I’ve been monitoring menus in Source.  We have to expect a closed restaurant on port days, though breakfast does seem to be served daily (I’ll post to confirm once onboard).  The Patio is going to be very repetitive for lunch but if that’s the only served option…

We booked the 14 Day RT Iceland which was subsequently sold as two 7 day itineraries.  Given what the HD said about corporate policy, you should have the Restaurant open for breakfast everyday with the exception of the turnaround day and your last day (both closed on our trip).  Lunch will only be open on sea days (if you have any).  

One positive is that the room service menu is much improved!  And you can always special order...

11 minutes ago, texanaust said:

One positive is that the room service menu is much improved!  And you can always special order...

Perhaps, if we are very lucky, improved room service menus are being rolled out ship by ship, with no order announced.  Does anyone know for a fact that the new menus have reached Odyssey?  If not, I’ll be sure to provide and update.  If relying on Source I’d have to say the old menus remain in use as of today.

2 hours ago, jondfk said:

I will be most interested in hearing about your cruise and how it compares to your June cruise on Ovation.  I know we both enjoyed our lunches in the Restaurant--even on some port days.  

1 hour ago, SLSD said:

I will be most interested in hearing about your cruise and how it compares to your June cruise on Ovation.  I know we both enjoyed our lunches in the Restaurant--even on some port days.  

Shall I do a second live from?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jondfk said:

Perhaps, if we are very lucky, improved room service menus are being rolled out ship by ship, with no order announced.  Does anyone know for a fact that the new menus have reached Odyssey?  If not, I’ll be sure to provide and update.  If relying on Source I’d have to say the old menus remain in use as of today.

The room service menu on the odyssey is currently the old one..not updated as I write this

Nancy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jondfk said:

Nancy, it’s time to spill the beans as to your favorite restaurant service team(s).

thanks, 

Lots of great crew in the dining venues..here’s some that come to mind..don’t ask again..😁😁😁..LOL..relaxing poolside and can’t remember all of them 

luncken, pronounced Lincoln, Miguel, Allan, Wayne, Tanya, Gabriel, Ruth, 

marianne and nokwanda are dining venue hostesses..great ladies

Asst dining maitre d’s…mikeala, Sheila and nikita

I’m sure I forgot some names

enjoy

nancy

• Like 1