Venezia Ranking

Steeleshark2

After seeing a lot of the horror stories, how do people rate the Venezia as compared to older Carnival ships as well as the New York terminal? Do you think it will be better next year? Looking to schedule a cruise next year and the Sunshine has a similar itinerary out of Charleston for similar prices. I know newer is normally better but I am questioning this one as I am planning to take my parents on their first cruise. Thoughts? 

new york is my homeport. the only thing i dont like is the way how carnival set up the terminal with the document check right at the front of the terminal. it causes alot of crowding which forces you stand outside of the terminal in a sometimes long line that can go down to the other pier. Other cruises lines that sail out of the same terminal does a better job with this 

i like the new seating options the venezia has above the ldio deck area and the cover pool is great for rainy/cold weather

9 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I don't see FTTF for Venezia Sept - is it not available for Venezia or is it NYC causing to not be available?

not available for new ships until after 6-9 months. new york does have fttf

also not available on the journey cruises 

I am booked on a 10 day Venezia cruise next May. I am hopeful a longer cruise will be better overall, but I will definitely be keeping my eye on things over the next several months.

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

not available for new ships until after 6-9 months. new york does have fttf

also not available on the journey cruises 

So no for Venezia in Sept? What date would they be using as her launch date?

Sailed Venezia on the first 8 day sailing out of NY. Covered pool was nice but no way to get from Deck 10/11 where the pool was to deck 12 were the kids wanted to be. Had to take elevator no stairs. Did not like. Did not care for the smart elevators, to many time full when arrived at floor for pick up. Over all ship was nice but not sure i would sail her again.

23 hours ago, Steeleshark2 said:

After seeing a lot of the horror stories, how do people rate the Venezia as compared to older Carnival ships as well as the New York terminal? Do you think it will be better next year? Looking to schedule a cruise next year and the Sunshine has a similar itinerary out of Charleston for similar prices. I know newer is normally better but I am questioning this one as I am planning to take my parents on their first cruise. Thoughts? 

We have been looking for anywhere we can do short direct flights or drive less than 8 hours.  I have an 11 day booked in November for the price of a 5 day on Sunshine.  Not sure if it is Charleston port fees or what it is? 

Reading all the posts after the Transatlantic has been making me question my booking and concerned about the lack of deck chairs and pool space. We have an interior this time on will definitely be looking for other areas to sit.

There are some good itineraries for February that we are interested in but may see how reviews come in and our trip in November before booking.  

38 minutes ago, WhiteOptima said:

Reading all the posts after the Transatlantic has been making me question my booking and concerned about the lack of deck chairs and pool space. We have an interior this time on will definitely be looking for other areas to sit.

I don't consider the midship pool to be the main pool on Venezia. It is the aft pool. That is where the DJ and sailaway parties were.

As for stairs, I don't recall thinking there was a lack of them and think I walked from the highest deck to the basement.

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

As for stairs, I don't recall thinking there was a lack of them and think I walked from the highest deck to the basement.

You can go from 11 to 12 aft and even mid but not forward.  We started going up from the forward pool area on 10 to 11 and then walking back a bit until there were stairs to 12.  Until we figured that out we were going inside from 10 to 12 which is annoying when you are not fully dry and going to get wet again in waterworks or the serenity hot tubs.

22 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

Sailed Venezia on the first 8 day sailing out of NY. Covered pool was nice but no way to get from Deck 10/11 where the pool was to deck 12 were the kids wanted to be. Had to take elevator no stairs. Did not like. Did not care for the smart elevators, to many time full when arrived at floor for pick up. Over all ship was nice but not sure i would sail her again.

We were on the same sailing.  We enjoyed the ship, especially the Ocean Plaza area, felt very similar to Horizon/Vista.

23 hours ago, Bandman said:

I am booked on a 10 day Venezia cruise next May. I am hopeful a longer cruise will be better overall, but I will definitely be keeping my eye on things over the next several months.

We are on the 17th started a roll call, join us unless you are on the 27th.  We enjoyed last month and are looking forward to our future sailings on Venezia.

1 hour ago, nycruise1 said:

We are on the 17th started a roll call, join us unless you are on the 27th.  We enjoyed last month and are looking forward to our future sailings on Venezia.

Thanks, I am indeed on the 27th.  Have a great cruise!

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I don't consider the midship pool to be the main pool on Venezia. It is the aft pool. That is where the DJ and sailaway parties were.

Recent reviews and YouTube videos show it has been moved to the mid Lido pool. Not sure if that is permanant or if they are testing it out to see how it is versus the aft Lido pool. Either way, it looks way too cramped.

We were considering Venezia but think we will give it a pass for now. We fly out to New Orleans next week to board Valor. Love the Valor and Conquest class in general. Just the right size for us.

Edited by stobe1

5 hours ago, WhiteOptima said:

There are LOTS of great outdoor seating/lounging areas, both in the sun and the shade.  They just don’t happen to be right around the Lido pool…

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

Recent reviews and YouTube videos show it has been moved to the mid Lido pool. Not sure if that is permanant or if they are testing it out to see how it is versus the aft Lido pool. Either way, it looks way too cramped.

There is a stage midships that is sometimes used. I don't use the pools, so the more people they can cram around them, the better for me.