Mariner in Galveston and suite ?

How long is Mariner scheduled to sail from Galveston, please? When was her last dry dock and how is she looking? Been several years since we sailed RCI and Mariner, but she was a favorite of ours. What perks come with a Grand Suite vs. Owners Suite on this class of ship, please? We are Pinnacle and I know some of those perks have been cut, but don't know how that is affected on this class of ship.

10 minutes ago, 39august said:

How long is Mariner scheduled to sail from Galveston, please? When was her last dry dock and how is she looking? Been several years since we sailed RCI and Mariner, but she was a favorite of ours. What perks come with a Grand Suite vs. Owners Suite on this class of ship, please? We are Pinnacle and I know some of those perks have been cut, but don't know how that is affected on this class of ship.

I booked the 7 day mariner, early may 2024. I think after that it does shorter cruise. I just booked the one on mariner. Personally I have not been on mariner so wanted to do her once, but I've done that class before. I prefer oasis class, but want variety too. 

I would book a suite for the perks on oasis, I want ck, etc. Not this class. Good luck. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I would book a suite for the perks on oasis, I want ck, etc. Not this class.

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

But you're also paying more for those perks on Oasis than you are a Mariner.

As someone who enjoys the perks and doesn't care about the cabin, I agree with both of you.

Just now, smokeybandit said:

But you're also paying more for those perks on Oasis than you are a Mariner.

But the extra perks on oasis class are all I care about. Lol. Wifi and ck. I dont care about drinks. 

But if I saw a super deal on any suite, I'll take it, with or without perks, for the extra pt. 

We used to get nearly all those perks as Pinnacle. Am I correct that as suite the drinks in the lounge during the evening hours are still complimentary for suites? Is the breakfast still sit down and order, or is it go to the buffet and carry into the specialty?  I know that is how lunch is handled.  It is interesting to see complimentary room service and I am surprised about the order from MDR for in room dining. That seems good. The  reason I am considering Mariner is that we can drive to Galveston. Long, but we've done it many times. Flying to Florida is such a hassle and so expensive these days. We probably won't consider Harmony, even with CK, as we do NOT care for the big girls. 

I really like voyager class , not many perks compared to oasis class,  breakfast in specialty restaurant, reserved seats for ice show , great reserved seats for the pool area and 3 hour happy hour.  I love the entertainment on oasis class will do harmony in grand suite in November.

Same perks for grand suite and owners suite.

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, 39august said:

So, the drinks are free in the lounge HH for suites? I believe Pinnacles no longer get free drinks and are only allowed in the lounge based on how many P's are on board. 

Yes free drinks for 3 hours, we also get 5 free drinks because we are diamond plus and pinnacle get 6 free drinks .

I am pretty sure pinnacles have there own area for happy hour on oasis class not sure on voyager class.

Edited by George C

24 minutes ago, George C said:

I am pretty sure pinnacles have there own area for happy hour on oasis

Not that I am aware of unless they make some sort of special lounge when there are a crap load of Pinnacles like the President's cruise. There's the suite lounge and the diamond lounge and that's it AFAIK.

30 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Not that I am aware of unless they make some sort of special lounge when there are a crap load of Pinnacles like the President's cruise. There's the suite lounge and the diamond lounge and that's it AFAIK.

Pretty sure there was a place for pinnacle on deck 4 of allure , they were not allowed in suite lounge there but were allowed in CK