Prima Laundry

esimon

If you need your clothes washed or dry cleaned during your cruise, laundry services are available on all Norwegian ships. Your clothes will be returned the next day, or the same day by special request. Prices vary from garment to garment but keep an eye out, discounts are available.

There will be an offer mid-week for $29 for a bag.  The bag is small and flimsy paper, but you’d be surprised how much you can fit in if you roll the clothes tight.  It also helps to bring a plastic laundry bag from a hotel to line the bag.  It prevents the bag from ripping.  The laundry will come back within a day or two in a lovely basket, all washed and folded.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

There will be an offer mid-week for $29 for a bag.  The bag is small and flimsy paper, but you’d be surprised how much you can fit in if you roll the clothes tight.  It also helps to bring a plastic laundry bag from a hotel to line the bag.  It prevents the bag from ripping.  The laundry will come back within a day or two in a lovely basket, all washed and folded.

Thank you for sharing- as I am going on a 11 night cruise and will need this service- I will get a free bag. Are the clothes dry cleaned or another method? thanks in advance. 

2 minutes ago, HowardK said:

Thank you for sharing- as I am going on a 11 night cruise and will need this service- I will get a free bag. Are the clothes dry cleaned or another method? thanks in advance. 

Dry cleaning isn’t included in the special.  That would be an extra cost per garment.  The special is a simple wash and dry.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HowardK said:

Clothes are tagged (kinda like your local dry cleaner), combined, and washed in large loads. And dried in large loads. Clothes are sorted and handled by washing instructions. Clothes are folded and returned wrapped in tissue in a whicker basket. 

image.png.4e19bc88ecbb6f2bb41e71b04bcf8737.pngimage.png.daa9bde426a1fb5432da1f0eaab3448b.png

image.thumb.png.b2d80cea9b193431ef51313c87e41505.png

image.png.bd4ad46f6b54291153e42326bef5205b.png

• Like 3

I've always had a good experience packing the bag as full as possible and it all comes back nicely folded in a basket.  You do have to pull the little tags they put on stuff off -- you'll find them a year later and be reminded of your cruise!

• Haha 1

thanks so much for the info -- we are Holland folks and this sounds very similar except the holland bag isn't flimsy -  you can stuff lots of things in those bags for sure - well worth the price and convience