2024 Visa Requirements

IDL

31 minutes ago, IDL said:

With the EU requiring Visas commencing in 2024 I assume that applies to cruise passengers that dock in those countries, correct?

yes and no.

It is not a visa, it is a travel authorisation.  You can read about it here:

https://travel-europe.europa.eu/etias_en

Whether or not you have a US passport, there is also this current/recent thread which you might find helpful to read;

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2951905-visa-required-for-americans-traveling-to-eu-starting-in-2024/

Edited by edinburgher

1 hour ago, edinburgher said:

With the EU requiring Visas commencing in 2024 I assume that applies to cruise passengers that dock in those countries, correct?

I should have explained it better.

It is correct that it is not a visa.  It is a travel authorisation for those holders of passports of countries which are visa exempt.The official link above should explain all.

Edited by edinburgher

2 hours ago, edinburgher said:

I should have explained it better.

It is correct that it is not a visa.  It is a travel authorisation for those holders of passports of countries which are visa exempt.The official link above should explain all.

Thank you

8 hours ago, IDL said:

Actually not an EU requirement - it is a ‘Schengen Area’ requirement - not all EU countries are member if Schengen - an example is Ireland where ETIAS will not be required- in addition ETIAS is required for Norway and Iceland. 
You’ll need a ETIAS travel authorization if only visiting one Schengen country on your cruise  - is valid in three years for all Schengen countries.

• Like 1