Form for veterans credit

trbarton

• 2 weeks later...

It should show under the Payments tab. Otherwise, check the Onboard Services tab which is where purchased OBC shows up. It really should be in the Payments tab area though and it shouldn't take a long time.

For some reason, we are having a problem with my husband's military OBC.  When I went to make our booking last week my husband's military information was no longer in the system with Princess (this is the second time this has happened.)  The Princess representative forwarded another form to him to fill out AGAIN.  My husband immediately filled out the form, sent it in and we are still waiting.  We received a message back stating his submission was verified on 8/3/23 but OBC is not there yet.  I will give them a little more time and then I will place a call.  Hope your request goes smoother than ours.

3 minutes ago, 2ezyriders said:

We have the same problem have turned in paper work 6/26/23 and still no response.

I am so sorry that you are having difficulties as well.  Have you contacted Princess at all?  I did contacted Princess again today and was told to send an email to customer service.  Wasn't having any of that nonsense as I know Princess Customer Service has not been responsive in the past.  I went on the Princess Chat site and was told by the person to resend all the information to the military benefits email that is listed on the forms.  I mentioned that I had already done this but will do so again. She apologized on behalf of Princess and I told her I appreciated her help but it still does not dismiss the fact that Princess is not being responsive to their customers.   Paperwork sent about an hour ago --- let's see how long it takes to get a response. 

31 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Suggestion to use the “CHAT” feature & let us know what happens. 

Tom😀

I did use the Chat and was told to resubmit my request to the the military benefits link. 

1 minute ago, 2ezyriders said:

Contacted princess again and sent the email from the verification company and the copy of the dd214 hope this solves the problem

Did you resend the documents today or recently?  Keeping my fingers that it works out for the both of us.

When I submitted DS and SIL documentation for Military OBC they were approved within a couple of minutes.   I waited 14 days after submission for the funds to be applied to the booking took a call to my CVP to have them applied.  

maybe this will speed up things… it did for me.

There is a web site called ID.me…. It’s generally used for military, vets and Governmental agencies including state county and cities… and teachers.

it’s a clearing house used by the Feds and corporate businesses who cater to the services of the agencies above.

Princess utilize ID.mefor access to the military discounts.  I processed the entire transaction with princess and was cleared in minutes.  I use ID.me for various needs.  I’m both a vet and an ex Fed.

the reason I preferred this process, no paperwork was passed on to anyone, Including the ID.me.  They have links to the DoD registry, including me past employer in the Feds.

might look into this to help clear quickly the Military/Vet discount/OBC… to my knowledge this is used accross the cruise industry.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DuaneO said:

maybe this will speed up things… it did for me.

There is a web site called ID.me…. It’s generally used for military, vets and Governmental agencies including state county and cities… and teachers.

it’s a clearing house used by the Feds and corporate businesses who cater to the services of the agencies above.

Princess utilize ID.mefor access to the military discounts.  I processed the entire transaction with princess and was cleared in minutes.  I use ID.me for various needs.  I’m both a vet and an ex Fed.

the reason I preferred this process, no paperwork was passed on to anyone, Including the ID.me.  They have links to the DoD registry, including me past employer in the Feds.

might look into this to help clear quickly the Military/Vet discount/OBC… to my knowledge this is used accross the cruise industry.

Thank you for the suggestion however it did not work for us.  We used it on 8/3/23, instantly got a response from Princess that we had been verified --- as of today, we still have no posted military OBC.

On 8/10/2023 at 5:48 PM, 2ezyriders said:

Contacted princess again and sent the email from the verification company and the copy of the dd214 hope this solves the problem

Just checking, have you gotten your military OBC yet?  We have not.

9 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

I would suggest calling Princess.   Email response is slow to non-existent.

Thanks for the suggestion.  We have already done that and we were told to submit our forms online.  This is so frustrating as we have had the military benefits for a long time.  Then, out of the clear blue a  couple of years ago, the paperwork disappeared from the account and we were asked to resubmit. We did and everything was fine.  And, for this latest Princess reservation, we were told that the information is missing again and to resubmit the paperwork.  Funny, we have 4 outstanding reservations with Princess and three of them have military benefit without any problem and the latest one has a problem.  I am so over this nonsense.