HAL website

ldog

I haven't been able to login to my account for days.  today it just says "Some thing went wrong, Try again later."

When I was on last week I tried to book some shore excursions but was dumped from the site.  Then it told me that I had redeemed my HIA credits but nothing showed up on my itinerary.  I called and spoke to a very pleasant agent in the shore ex department who booked one of the excursions which does show up but now it still has the incorrect remaining amount.

I am not new at this. We've been booking  sailing with HAL since 2004.

Very frustrating.

17 minutes ago, ldog said:

I haven't been able to login to my account for days.  today it just says "Some thing went wrong, Try again later."

When I was on last week I tried to book some shore excursions but was dumped from the site.  Then it told me that I had redeemed my HIA credits but nothing showed up on my itinerary.  I called and spoke to a very pleasant agent in the shore ex department who booked one of the excursions which does show up but now it still has the incorrect remaining amount.

I am not new at this. We've been booking  sailing with HAL since 2004.

Very frustrating.

I agree with you on the very frustrating aspect of their website!  The app isn’t much better in my opinion. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ldog said:

I’m not going to change my browser. I see no reason why I should have to do that. Who is running this business?  

If you won't try what others have found works, you can expect to keep having the same problems. 

Sites that work better on some particular browser is not new and is not restricted to HAL. 

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, ldog said:

I’m not going to change my browser. I see no reason why I should have to do that. Who is running this business?  

Then don't. 

Which business are you inquriging about?  Holland America, Your ISP, the Chrome browser, your laptop, operating system, cruise critic or the website you visited before that placed some sort of tracker on your computer that is potentially mucking things up?

There are thousands of pieces of code that are between your browser and their website. Sometimes it just takes one of them to have a bad day and you have a bad day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, colin v said:

Then don't. 

Which business are you inquriging about?  Holland America, Your ISP, the Chrome browser, your laptop, operating system, cruise critic or the website you visited before that placed some sort of tracker on your computer that is potentially mucking things up?

There are thousands of pieces of code that are between your browser and their website. Sometimes it just takes one of them to have a bad day and you have a bad day.

HAL apologists abound. 

websites are there for us to buy stuff. If they are glitchy and don’t work there is nobody buying. 

i have worked with computers since the early eighties and have even developed some websites in my marketing days. 

I could find a workaround but why do I have to fix their incompetence?

Not a HAL apologist more of a 2023 tech realist.

You didn’t fix their incompetence you solved your problem. They’re still as competent or incompetent as they were yesterday. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, colin v said:

Not a HAL apologist more of a 2023 tech realist.

You didn’t fix their incompetence you solved your problem. They’re still as competent or incompetent as they were yesterday. 

Exactly. We all know that working with HAL's website can be an on-again off-again battle. We'd all be happy if it worked better, but we face reality.

9 hours ago, ldog said:

It's all run by "Big Chrome." Ever since they lost out to the big hubcap & big tailfin lobby after the Chevy Bel Air wars of 1958,it's been nothing but bad blood between the two camps.

Seriously though, I'd clear my browser cache and cookies and reboot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, POA1 said:

It's all run by "Big Chrome." Ever since they lost out to the big hubcap & big tailfin lobby after the Chevy Bel Air wars of 1958,it's been nothing but bad blood between the two camps.

I've been worried about the work of the big tailfin lobby for some time. Is that who makes HAL's website like an Edsel?

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

I've been worried about the work of the big tailfin lobby for some time. Is that who makes HAL's website like an Edsel?

I think the big tailfin lobby was concerned with horse collars coming back in fashion 😳. Unfortunately  for them fashion changed and the fins were swallowed up by more chrome which led to the downward spiral we are now experiencing. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2023 at 2:14 PM, ldog said:

Who is running this business?  

Probably a contract group (aka) outsourced to an outside vendor.  IT services, across all cruise lines seem to be notoriously bad. We were on a RCL sailing earlier this year and their website was up and down all the time with outage messages, non-existent pricing on items and more.

A "new look" appeared on the website recently, with bookings opening to shore excursions and quite a few other changes.  I've been having trouble with the website ever since this newest iteration.  (The links don't work from the home page.)

I suppose they'll get the kinks worked out...and then  go on to another new design.  Sigh

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

A "new look" appeared on the website recently, with bookings opening to shore excursions and quite a few other changes.  I've been having trouble with the website ever since this newest iteration.  (The links don't work from the home page.)

Thank you! I thought it was just me...

4 minutes ago, ldog said:

I tried changing to chrome. It worked for a few minutes but when I switched to a different booking number it went to a white screen. 

But it was an improved white screen, right? 😮

• Haha 3