Libby App - Prima/Viva

sjacobs11

Hi! Just reading up on the Libby app for an upcoming Viva sailing. Has anyone used this e-lending library on Prima? If so, how is the selection?

"Our library has gone digital! Download the Libby app now so you’re ready to access tons of books and magazines on your cruise. On embarkation day, login with your Latitudes number and you’ll be able to download one book and place a hold on an additional book. Read on your phone, tablet or e-reader. Checked-out books are yours for 7 days or the duration of your cruise. Getting Started with Libby."

6 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I have the Libby app on my tablet and download all my books from my local library before leaving. I don't believe this was available when I cruised on the Prima last year but then didn't have a need for it. 

I've also been using the app for several years to get ebooks and audiobooks from my local library.  The app itself works well, but I can't vouch for the Prima's selection, or your ability to utilize it with possibly slow internet.

• Like 1

I have also used the Libby app for years to download ebooks and audiobooks from my county library. I was on the Prima in January and used the app to connect to the Prima's library. I didn't download anything since I already had a couple of audiobooks for my 7-day cruise.

So, I just checked the app on my phone and I can still see all the books in the Prima's library (weird, since I'm not onboard). There are 299 titles across 64 subjects (no audiobooks). This is a much smaller selection than what is available through my county's library.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1