Eliminating Butlers - Spoke to Celebrity. Here is conversation.

LMHSRN

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

It is very confusing as to whether they are Butlers or in reality, glorified room service attendants.

This is what I've been expecting from the start, they just give room service a different jacket and call them the 'Retreat Team', not hard to see the appeal of that from a cost perspective.

35 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

This is what I've been expecting from the start, they just give room service a different jacket and call them the 'Retreat Team', not hard to see the appeal of that from a cost perspective.

I think I've had morning coffee delivered by room service when our butler was busy.  

5 hours ago, OysterD said:

4 to do the work of 16 is not what was said. The quote was there will be 4 butlers remaining (presumably for upper suite cabins) and the SS are served by a team (who won't be referred to as butlers as has previously been stated multiple times). 

It's like Chinese whispers. Someone is told something on a ship by a butler, relays that message either in part or fully, but isn't clear exactly what is meant. Someone reads that message and (presumably because of inherent bias due to all 5000 posts hes made on the subject being complaints) takes the pessimistic view, jumps to a conclusion that there will only be 4 people in total doing the work 16 used to, and then everyone just keeps reiterating that, even though nobody has a clue!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...I think some of us know who you mean. It's amazing that particular person seems to want to keep telling us what we should believe, rather than we find out.

• Like 3

I just received an email from Shoreside Retreat welcoming me to my cruise in September on Equinox in RS.  We are doing a B2B.  I received an email from Shoreside Retreat about a month ago and booked everything for entire cruise through her.  Todays email pertained to my second leg and was from someone else.  Wording for Butler has changed…

IMG_4343.png

• Like 1

We have 5 cruises already booked in Sky Suites through next March (booked when prices were MUCH lower)!! I am willing to see how this works out. If they go farther, though, and ‘downgrade’ SS from using the Retreat Lounge and/or Sundeck, no more X. We often meet new people in those spaces and have dinner with said people in Luminae. Oh, and I didn’t get a letter or an email from X regarding the changes.

2 hours ago, Mark_T said:

You remind me of someone I admire, Amy Klobuchar.  To paraphrase from the debates when she asked, “Do you think I’m dumb Pete (Buttigieg)?”.

1 hour ago, bjahil47 said:

I just received an email from Shoreside Retreat welcoming me to my cruise in September on Equinox in RS.  We are doing a B2B.  I received an email from Shoreside Retreat about a month ago and booked everything for entire cruise through her.  Todays email pertained to my second leg and was from someone else.  Wording for Butler has changed…

IMG_4343.png

Did you contact either shoreside concierge for clarification?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DingoMom said:

We have 5 cruises already booked in Sky Suites through next March (booked when prices were MUCH lower)!! I am willing to see how this works out. If they go farther, though, and ‘downgrade’ SS from using the Retreat Lounge and/or Sundeck, no more X. We often meet new people in those spaces and have dinner with said people in Luminae. Oh, and I didn’t get a letter or an email from X regarding the changes.

The “no retreat lounge” is the current rumour on Facebook. Fun. 

4 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Did. someone hear that, or is the usual rampant speculation.

There’s a screenshot of Michael’s Club going around that lists all of the suite types permitted entry. Sky Suites are not listed. 

IMG_2921.jpeg

Edited by Veinless
Added screenshot

2 minutes ago, Veinless said:

There’s a screenshot of Michael’s Club going around that lists all of the suite types permitted entry. Sky Suites are not listed. 

Well as far as I know, there is no Michael’s Club anymore.

Edited by zitsky
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I just looked at a Solstice cruise I have - just says suites.

Connie says exclusive for retreat guests.

Apex, Beyond and Equinox says nothing

Solstice above has Michaels, as does Connie.  

There was a time before Sky Suites were allowed in, though, but it was years ago I think.

Edited by abbydancer

17 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Michael's Club still exists on all non-revolutionized ships.  It was on the Constellation last fall.  It was on the Eclipse in May.

1 minute ago, SunnySunflower said:

Currently on the Eclipse heading to Alaska.  In a sky suite in the Retreat. We just have a butler and a stateroom attendant.  No mention of the new team approach.  

Implementation date for the Retreat Team is 8/15 so I imagine it will be on the next sailing.

3 minutes ago, SunnySunflower said:

Currently on the Eclipse heading to Alaska.  In a sky suite in the Retreat. We just have a butler and a stateroom attendant.  No mention of the new team approach.  

Can you look at dining and see the description of Michael's club?  If that's a current screenshot it would have to be there or the Reflection, since it's only on deck 5 on S class, and Equinox and Silhouette don't have it anymore.  Thanks 

9 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Can you look at dining and see the description of Michael's club?  If that's a current screenshot it would have to be there or the Reflection, since it's only on deck 5 on S class, and Equinox and Silhouette don't have it anymore.  Thanks 

We have been to Michael’s Club twice already.   It is quickly becoming our refuge. There are no plans to remove it until the ship gets refurbished according to our butler.

Just now, SunnySunflower said:

We have been to Michael’s Club twice already.   It is quickly becoming our refuge. There are no plans to remove it until the ship gets refurbished according to our butler.

I know it's Michaels, the question is what does the App say about who can go in?  I'm trying to figure out if the screenshot is current.  It's under dining either in Bars & Lounges or Loyalty and Suites.  

Solstice just says Suites, and doesn't break it down to Celebrity and above.  Many thanks.