P&O - No communication if things go wrong

Notebook64

Hi All

If anything goes wrong and you raise an issue, don't hold your breath.  It will take around a month for the first brush off letter and upon replying, you guessed it, another month etc.  Will update this thread as this progresses. See you in a few months

While P&O are not the only ones to respond, they have honed their skills of slowness and utter vagueness/buck passing in responses.

I bet they are quick and clear to respond when there are payment issues…..

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Notebook64 said:

Hi All

If anything goes wrong and you raise an issue, don't hold your breath.  It will take around a month for the first brush off letter and upon replying, you guessed it, another month etc.  Will update this thread as this progresses. See you in a few months

What issue did you raise?.

3 hours ago, Notebook64 said:

would never use them again - will see if Martin Lewis can help

Is this to do with the complaint you used Resolver for in June? If so did you do as suggested and also send it direct to P&O Executive Office?

I don't think you mentioned what your complaint was about as it unfortunately wandered to be a discussion about water. Here is the address for the Executive Office:

Executive.Correspondence@carnivalukgroup.com

15 hours ago, Notebook64 said:

would never use them again - will see if Martin Lewis can help

I think you find all travel companies not just cruise companies that are ABTA bonded have 38 days to respond to complaints or issues. I think it is an ABTA recommendation.

My last two contacts I've been contacted exactly on 27 days. I always use the Executive Office email if I consider it a serious issue or its financial in nature. As Majortom said ABTA rules allow them to 28 days.

Last year I raised an issue with P & O regarding their price guarantee.  First reply was within two days.  I had to follow this up, but a response was received again within two days.

This year I had to raise two issues, one regarding incorrection application of FCC and another regarding incidents on board a cruise.

The first one was fully resolved within two weeks, and cancellation fees as a gesture of goodwill (not asked for, so totally unexpected and appreciated).

The second one, was resolved on something like day 31, but there were three bank holidays within that time frame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

My last two contacts I've been contacted exactly on 27 days. I always use the Executive Office email if I consider it a serious issue or its financial in nature. As Majortom said ABTA rules allow them to 28 days.

Yes sorry I meant 28 days my error due to thick fingers and not checking what I wrote before posting.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Is this to do with the complaint you used Resolver for in June? If so did you do as suggested and also send it direct to P&O Executive Office?

I don't think you mentioned what your complaint was about as it unfortunately wandered to be a discussion about water. Here is the address for the Executive Office:

Do carnival own P&O too ?

On 7/30/2023 at 9:34 PM, Megabear2 said:

I have had cause to use this route twice now ,the first time I received an acknowledgment within hours and the matter was resolved within 21 days ( not completely to my satisfaction ,but he ho ) ,this time the same acknowledgment reply and awaiting what action will be taken .On both occasions they were carbon copies of messages sent to guest relations on the same day , I am still awaiting responses to both of them( one was three months ago)