The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday July 30th, 2023

richwmn

12 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

It is quite late here, so don't know if anyone will read this, but this is a "fun" Father-in-law story.  My DFIL married my DM, so he became my Step-Father, and my DM became my MIL!!  This was quite a number of years AFTER my DH and I were married!

Have a great Monday, if I don't get back here tomorrow!

Mary Kay

Mary Kay, that is a cute story.  Good luck with the move.

Lenda

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Carolyn, thanks for the information about the movie.  It has a good cast, and my guess is that the trailer is from the second half of the movie.

Lenda

For the most part yes, your guess would be right! 🙂  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Jacqui did you hang them inside and outside? Or did you watch them when they wanted back in? How is Ivan today?

Joy, we watch Blue 90% of the time when he is in our backyard because of our local critters, especially the bobcats. And always go out with him at dusk and in the dark because of the bobcats. Craig is always looking for his flashlight to take him out. 😉

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

We're back from the matinee.  Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser we both agreed that the second half of the movie was better than the first.  That's because the second half all took place inside the haunted mansion and the first half was a lot of background for the characters (not a bad thing, but it could have been shortened).  We did enjoy it, especially the music and scenes from the mansion making you feel like you were on the Disney ride.  It was silly but in a good way.  The theater was pretty full, so obviously a lot of people want to see it.

Before that I made bruschetta from some tomatoes and basil in my garden -- oh wow, so, so good! We ate it all for lunch. 

Tonight will be the fish burgers (we have Halibut).  

tomatoesandbasil.thumb.jpg.fd42d45515003fd3bd91b0e18dfac032.jpg

I combined 2 recipes I had, adding balsamic vinegar and parmesan to the bruschetta.  

bruschetta.thumb.jpg.3d4cd5f062926120b808ec87e5d11be4.jpg

Carolyn, your tomatoes and basil are gorgeous and smart using parm in the mix. Have you ever used balsamic glaze?  Oh my, so good. Trader Joe’s has it if you have one nearby. 

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Joy, we watch Blue 90% of the time when he is in our backyard because of our local critters, especially the bobcats. And always go out with him at dusk and in the dark because of the bobcats. Craig is always looking for his flashlight to take him out. 😉

Carolyn, your tomatoes and basil are gorgeous and smart using parm in the mix. Have you ever used balsamic glaze?  Oh my, so good. Trader Joe’s has it if you have one nearby. 

Yes I have some and agree! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cruzn single said:

It is quite late here, so don't know if anyone will read this, but this is a "fun" Father-in-law story.  My DFIL married my DM, so he became my Step-Father, and my DM became my MIL!!  This was quite a number of years AFTER my DH and I were married!

Have a great Monday, if I don't get back here tomorrow!

Mary Kay

Mary Kay, your story is only partially correct.  If your mother remarries, the person she marries becomes your DFIL.  However, whether or not your mother remarries, she will always be your mother.

Ray

• Like 4

9 hours ago, marshhawk said:

I had just written a rather extensive post, and all that posted was the meme.  Aghhhhh!

so i will shorten post

stayed out late

went to bed late

woke up late

had breakfast late

had lunch late

spent remainder of after noon watching F2 races from this weekend,

watched the porche race from early today

watched Chuck sleep the afternoon away

A Midsummer Nights Dream was very good, 95% of the time.  It was the last weekend, and many folks were there for the 2nd of 3rd time.  Because it was their last evening performance, they added some of their own humor, and then rushed through the final third of the play.

BUT Puck was played by a woman, and SHE was fantastic!

DH is still sleeping, guess he needs it, we are off to the Proton Radiology doc tomorrow to get his opinion on more treatment.  But in reality, he needs the next two tests, CT and PET to see if what they are now looking at is cancer in his mouth, or scarring in his mouth.

I will let him rest, perchance to dream.

Prayers 🙏 for good health news for your husband today Annie.

Graham 

• Like 3