I’m on board Uniworld SS Venezia

Got2Cruise

28 minutes ago, angela miller said:

Thank you for your reply. Was there a particular tour you recommend over all?

Definitely do not miss the private visit to St. Marks. I really enjoyed pretty much every tour I went on including the Noble country visit and the Chioggia market visit, etc. I didn’t do any masterpiece collection tours, but friends who went on the tour of the Jewish ghetto said it was very well done. I also really enjoyed being able to wander around Burano early in the morning and late in the evening when the other tourists were gone.

We almost booked this trip for our anniversary next June but we went with a Ponant cruise instead. It ends in Venice and we'll do a few days there afterwards. 

3 hours ago, angela miller said:

I leave for this trip on Aug 29th. Your post was wonderful and makes me more excited if possible. Could you share the dress at evening meals. I’m starting to pack and want to limit as much as possible. Also did the ship have the 70s party? Thank you again for your post.

As I recall, most pax dressed nicely for dinner but nothing too extravagant. Something you’d wear to a nice restaurant at home. I went in July so I brought summery outfits.  Yes the ship had a ‘70s party. Some pax had outfits while others just wore their regular clothes. Lots of fun for all. 

6 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

We almost booked this trip for our anniversary next June but we went with a Ponant cruise instead. It ends in Venice and we'll do a few days there afterwards. 

Book the after hours tour of St Marks thru Viator. It’s amazing. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

Book the after hours tour of St Marks thru Viator. It’s amazing. 

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Was wondering if someone else offered it - thanks!

Yes, everybody offers this "exclusive" tour.  St. Marks will be much less crowded than during the day [practically empty], but your group will not be the only one there.  It's amazing to enter the church in darkness and watch it come to life as they turn the lights on bank by bank – then all that gold really sparkles!  And going behind the altar to view the altarpiece up close!  We've done it twice, and would definitely do it again and again on any return visits to Venice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1