Ncl Shore Excursions

7 minutes ago, Cruisingmarmi said:

If we book an excursion through NCL and cancel it, are we refunded the costs, or is it applied to our onboard credit? We would prefer a refund. Thanks in advance for any help! 

When I've canceled excursions on board, it has been applied as OBC.  I have never canceled an excursion before boarding, but when I had NCL cancel an excursion, they gave it as a straight refund.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cruisingmarmi said:

If we book an excursion through NCL and cancel it, are we refunded the costs, or is it applied to our onboard credit? We would prefer a refund. Thanks in advance for any help! 

We had a shore excursion cancelled because prior to the cruise, NCL cancelled the port. The e-mail I received said we would be getting onboard credit. I called and objected to this wanting it to be refunded to my card. The rep finally said she would go to the resolutions department, and they had it refunded to my card because their own policy seems to be you can cancel for a refund to your card up to 48 hours before the scheduled excursion.

• Like 1

If you have refundable OBC that you won't spend, try to go to the front desk to get credited before the end of the cruise.  I had $2 left on my account and had to go to the front desk because my kids lost their key card.  NCL told me they needed me to either spend the $2 or process the refund earlier because if there was anything left on my card, they'd pull me off the debarking line and I'd have to stand in line for a. really long time to process the refund on the last day.  I went to the arcade and got my kid another duck and solved the problem but you should check your account before the end of the cruise.  

• Like 1

If you have used more than one card to pay for any portion of your cruise through NCL it is roulette as to which it will be refunded to. I cancelled one and instead of it going to the card it was purchased with, even though they confirmed the last four on multiple occasions it took nearly two weeks and ended up on the card I had used to originally book the cruise. It was not much of an issue but it can be a problem if you are trying to keep things organized. 

• Like 1