SS hotel to Pier transfer

Lonedaddy

We booked the GB hotel in Athens though Silverseas.  Our booking includes transfer to the pier from the hotel.   Just curious what time those transfer plan to arrive at pier and if known from anyone's experience when it departs hotel and does it include and sightseeing other than along the route.

Thanks

Edited by Lonedaddy

1 hour ago, Lonedaddy said:

We booked the GB hotel in Athens though Silverseas.  Our booking includes transfer to the pier from the hotel.   Just curious what time those transfer plan to arrive at pier and if known from anyone's experience when it departs hotel and does it include and sightseeing other than along the route.

Thanks

Hi, I stayed at the same hotel back in April and took the Silversea transfer.  The time you arrive at the pier depends on how many buses are allocated and which bus you are assigned. I was on the bus that left the hotel at 1:30. I think the first bus left at 1:00 and there were others after me. You will find out once you get to the hotel and there will be a couple of people from SS there and you will receive a welcome package.

It is a bus ride from the hotel to the Pier so no, there is no other sightseeing included.

I do hope you meant The Grand Bretagne🙂. It is a beautiful hotel🙂

• Thanks 1

Here's a related question I was just about to post:  can you ask to change to a later bus?  What would be the last bus (ship departs at 7 so maybe 2 or 3?)?  Hope the tour desk at the hotel is open that morning when I arrive and would be able to help?

I have been to Athens twice but was never able to tour anything.  Hoping to get in a few things the day before and then a few more the day the buses depart.

Thanks!  Missy in Maryland, planning for October and November on the Spirit!

The welcome desk will be open the day before sailing for the benefit of all the folks coming a day early.  Yes, you can ask to be moved to a later bus.  You could also ask about making private arrangements.  By the way, there is very little to see on the road from the GB to Piraeus other than the outsides of some very large stadia.  

You can walk to everywhere from the GB - even the Acropolis if you don't mind a lot of stair climbing.

• Like 1

Hi Missy, I don't know the answer except to say ask the SS folks. I do know they are there both  days. ( The day before sailing and day of).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Missy, I don't know the answer except to say ask the SS folks. I do know they are there both  days. ( The day before sailing and day of).

Yes, that's the plan.  Just thinking to buy tickets online ahead of time aka Athens Pass for Skip the Line.

10 minutes ago, dawntrdr said:

You can walk to everywhere from the GB - even the Acropolis if you don't mind a lot of stair climbing.

Yes, you can walk to the Acropolis from the GB, but be careful, as you would in any major city.  In our walk to the Acropolis we were followed by a young couple who stopped and tied laces every time we stopped.  We were not sure of their intentions and decided to walk back for a bit....and there they were... really surprised!!  They then left and we were able to resume our walk.  The Acropolis and its museum are a must do in Athens.