Post cruise stay in Athens

dogdyke1

Hi

Disembarking Athens - never been there before so looking for tips as to where to stay for a couple of nights before heading home - we thought that somewhere with easy access to the airport - and the sights i can see there is a Sofitel at the airport but is a bit beyond budget - any advise from previous visits - we didn’t really want to stay in centre either - not sure what to expect when we get to the port as i believe it polar opposite to the airport - would be looking to publice transport to get around after settling in somewhere ! 

So appreciate any advice from seasoned Athens travellers?

tx Sue

24 minutes ago, dogdyke1 said:

Ok thanks - i’m not very good at navigating this sight as yet 🥺appreciate it 😀

Good idea to follow @LHT28's link to the ports of call forum. We stayed at the Athens Marriott, which is fairly close to the port (so, far from the airport) and also near many of the sites. Not far from the Plaka, a popular shopping/eating area, as well as some important areas. I believe some cruise lines use it. 

3 hours ago, dogdyke1 said:

Hi

Disembarking Athens - never been there before so looking for tips as to where to stay for a couple of nights before heading home - we thought that somewhere with easy access to the airport - and the sights i can see there is a Sofitel at the airport but is a bit beyond budget - any advise from previous visits - we didn’t really want to stay in centre either - not sure what to expect when we get to the port as i believe it polar opposite to the airport - would be looking to publice transport to get around after settling in somewhere ! 

So appreciate any advice from seasoned Athens travellers?

tx Sue

@dogdyke1

Hello Sue!

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Your inquiry concerns a specific port and is off topic there.

To help you out, your new thread has been moved to Ports of Call - Europe - Mediterranean - Eastern & Western - Greece Ports where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have been there frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

The Cruise Critic website and message boards are a great resource for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are glad you are here. Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community categories list for the various forums. Read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka Stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in most forums. You will find very important instructions or information there.

Happy sails,

Host Kat