Havila Announces Completion of Financing and Delivery of New Ships

Host Jazzbeau

Havila just announced that they have completed the refinancing that eliminates the banned Russian entity and have taken possession of Capila and their two newest ships.  The final delay in this process will result in cancellation of the inaugural cruise on Pollux, which will now begin service on August 23.  Polaris will begin as scheduled on August 17.

Havila Voyages Takes Ownership of Capella

• Thanks 2

@UDChE89 Yes! I've been planning on returning to Norway since 2020, but I have to wait until June 2024!!!  I'm booked on Havila Castor. I'm thrilled to see the very positive reports from nearly everyone who has gone on the coastal voyages.

Do you have any comments or tips from your time onboard?

~Nancy

2 minutes ago, oakridger said:

@UDChE89 Yes! I've been planning on returning to Norway since 2020, but I have to wait until June 2024!!!  I'm booked on Havila Castor. I'm thrilled to see the very positive reports from nearly everyone who has gone on the coastal voyages.

Do you have any comments or tips from your time onboard?

~Nancy

Had a fantastic time on Castor in January of this year.  Biggest thing is that you don’t need to pack as much as you think.  The laundry facilities are great and easy to use.  If you’re not going for Havila Gold, I’d suggest getting it as it provides more choices and you can eat in Havly Cafe at no cost.  You also get one meal in Havrand in each direction.  We also bought both alcoholic and nonalcoholic drink packages.  Alcoholic packages can be shared while nonalcoholic packages can’t.  If you’re doing the round trip, there are more options for excursions going north than south.  There are lots of places on the boat to relax.  There’s isn’t any entertainment but you’ll have the advantage of the outside deck.

Thank you for the information!  I'll be on board for the BKB round trip and I'm trying to pack as light as possible since I will also be traveling before and after the Havila Castor.  It's so handy to have the laundry onboard!  I wasn't sure if I needed the Havila Gold because the included food in the dining room looks great, but I'll look at it again and decide.  I'm going to get a drink package as I do like to have a few drinks (beer and wine mainly) while on vacation and not having a bill at the end seems convenient!  

There will be plenty of daylight for scenery viewing at the beginning of June, so I'll be taking advantage of the lounge every day.  My Kindle will be full and ready to catch up on the reading that never seems to get done in my "real" life!   

Great suggestions!

~Nancy

• 2 weeks later...