Galveston Embarkation and Terminal

We are sailing on Allure of the Seas.  We have a private car company dropping us off at the cruise terminal in Galveston.    They want to drop us off at 9:30 and I'm a bit worried that is too early.  Will we even be able to enter the cruise terminal?  We do have the first check in time at 11am.  2 couples are in 2 suites and another couple (my brothers in-laws) is in a balcony cabin.  

Will the suite lounge be open (for me and my wife, i'll assume my brother will wait in terminal with his in-laws) or the terminal be open for us to wait inside or will we have to wait outside for a while?  

Anyone know the recent boarding times on Allure?  I read on another board someone boarded around 10:30 which I thought was pretty darn early! 

If you can't get in when you first arrive, it hopefully won't be too long before you can at least go in and sit down.  Those in balcony cabin may not be able to wait in the suite and pinnacle area.  There are seating areas though by the time I have gotten there they were roped off and people were boarding. 

I also doubt you can get into the terminal at 930 am but it doesnt hurt to stand in line outside if you are there early imo. I've had a 1030 am time though, so it might be a wait outside. I dont mind waiting.

There is a suite area inside that you can go to once they let you inside.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, slyster said:

Will the suite lounge be open (for me and my wife, i'll assume my brother will wait in terminal with his in-laws) or the terminal be open for us to wait inside or will we have to wait outside for a while?  

They put the suites, key, and pinnacles in the same line, which is the closest one to the terminal doors on the right side of the entrance. I think they opened the doors around 10:15 last month.  Bear to the right when you enter the building and you'll see signage for suites and pinnacles.  The lounge is on the right side and you can't miss it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Anton said:

They put the suites, key, and pinnacles in the same line, which is the closest one to the terminal doors on the right side of the entrance. I think they opened the doors around 10:15 last month.  Bear to the right when you enter the building and you'll see signage for suites and pinnacles.  The lounge is on the right side and you can't miss it.

Thanks everyone.  Thanks Anton.  The earliest check in times seem to be 11am now.  At least they have been for a while.  At least if we wait outside it won't be too long.  I wish they could have dropped us off at 10 or 10:30 like we requested.  Oh well...we will make the best of it!  

21 minutes ago, slyster said:

Thanks everyone.  Thanks Anton.  The earliest check in times seem to be 11am now.  At least they have been for a while.  At least if we wait outside it won't be too long.  I wish they could have dropped us off at 10 or 10:30 like we requested.  Oh well...we will make the best of it!  

Check in for my b2b sept allure is Wednesday. I'll find out then if the earliest time is now 11 am. 

58 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Check in for my b2b sept allure is Wednesday. I'll find out then if the earliest time is now 11 am. 

Ok yes I would be curious. Others have confirmed 11.  I checked in by 12:02 at my 45 day mark.  Thanks for reporting back!

There are MANY transportation companies available so why not find someone else? This company likely wants to "dump" you off way early so they can get another run to/from another party. We're boarding in 3 weeks with an 11 am time and not even leaving our hotel until 9:30. 

• Like 1

I am not sure who you are booked with but unless you got a super deal why go so early? Is your ride from an airport? We just made the trip from Hobby to downtown Galveston and from Allure to Hobby. Lyft was $62 down and $68 back for 2 of us not pre booked.

• Like 2

Really funny that boarding times flucuate so much.  I checked in at 5:00 am the day our check in opened and the first boarding slot was 11:30 to 12.  Not 11.   We always try to be at terminal in the first group.  Sept 3rd

I have heard problems with Lyft and Uber picking up folks locally which is why we went with a private car company.  Folks trying to order rides and the drivers cancelling them.  That was a few months ago.  So that's why we went private. 

We are staying in Texas City the night before.  Galveston Saltwater moms recommended them because they couldn't accommodate 6 of us.  I sort of agree about the being dropped off so early. We booked this months ago (February).  The cruise is in 3 weeks.

Edited by slyster

13 minutes ago, slyster said:

I have heard problems with Lyft and Uber picking up folks locally which is why we went with a private car company.  Folks trying to order rides and the drivers cancelling them.  That was a few months ago.  So that's why we went private. 

We are staying in Texas City the night before.  Galveston Saltwater moms recommended them because they couldn't accommodate 6 of us.  I sort of agree about the being dropped off so early. We booked this months ago (February).  The cruise is in 3 weeks.

Lyft was always authorized. Uber didnt want to pay extra to come into the port, but gave in and now is good to go in or out of the port. It is possible some are adding on a charge to enter the port. Some drivers are adding $5. 

I've used uber for 4 or 5 times and never had trouble. The trouble is in the past. Old news no longer relevant. Uber paid up. 

So you feel comfy ordering a lyft or uber on the morning of travel?  I wondered if it was better now that Uber can freely exit and enter the terminal now.  I have this person also scheduled to pick us up when we disembark.  I just sent her another message saying the terminal doesn't even open until 10am.  I will see what she says.  (she has had really great reviews on her facebook page).  

3 minutes ago, slyster said:

So you feel comfy ordering a lyft or uber on the morning of travel?  I wondered if it was better now that Uber can freely exit and enter the terminal now.  I have this person also scheduled to pick us up when we disembark.  I just sent her another message saying the terminal doesn't even open until 10am.  I will see what she says.  (she has had really great reviews on her facebook page).  

Last yea during Dickens on the stand I tried to order the $9.87 or whatever uber and no one was picking up. I finally clicked on comfort, for about $15, and got a pick up. Some drivers dont like those less than $10 trips to and from Galveston hotels. 

Last time I ordered a car from uber ahead of time. And was like 5 minutes late. I gave him $50 for finding me and waiting. Uber you can text your driver. I said I'm outside looking, he was around a corner but I found him. So nothing wrong with your ride. I wouldnt rush to cancel as it can be hard to find the right car outside. I havent had anyone not pick me up from uber. I havent used lyft.

I found the old terminal easier to get in and out of.